Sign in to follow this  
bigstone

Dragon's Jaw 2nd Try

Dragon's Jaw 2nd Try

My first and updated Dragon's Jaw has a little fix. The first strike on the bridge took place on 3 April 1965 with 46 F-105D's 16 of which were armed with bullpups and the rest with 6 M117 each, also 21 F-100D's for SEAD. Since little damage was done to the bridge from the first strike, this is where Dragon's Jaw 2nd Try comes in. This time 4 April 1965 with 48 F-105D's all armed with 8 M117's and 21 F-100D's for SEAD and MigCAP(there are no migs in this mission). I hope you enjoy this mission. Now the thing is I need to know how to add alot more AAA. Once I get that down I shall update both Dragon's Jaw and Dragon's Jaw 2nd Try. Peace

PS:I am doing some research to make huge USN Alpha Strike missions from 1965 to 1972 USN era aircraft. They would be similar too my Dragon Jaw mission's, but with Migs and alot more AAA action. Of course launching from carriers. If anyone has any knowledge or where I can find historical resources, like the date, mission, carriers and aircraft/squadrons involved. I'd appreciate it.

File Name: Dragon's Jaw 2nd TryFile Submitter: bigstoneFile Submitted: 31 Dec 2006File Category: SF Missions/CampaignsMy first and updated Dragon's Jaw has a little fix. The first strike on the bridge took place on 3 April 1965 with 46 F-105D's 16 of which were armed with bullpups and the rest with 6 M117 each, also 21 F-100D's for SEAD. Since little damage was done to the bridge from the first strike, this is where Dragon's Jaw 2nd Try comes in. This time 4 April 1965 with 48 F-105D's all armed with 8 M117's and 21 F-100D's for SEAD and MigCAP(there are no migs in this mission). I hope you enjoy this mission. Now the thing is I need to know how to add alot more AAA. Once I get that down I shall update both Dragon's Jaw and Dragon's Jaw 2nd Try. Peace PS:I am doing some research to make huge USN Alpha Strike missions from 1965 to 1972 USN era aircraft. They would be similar too my Dragon Jaw mission's, but with Migs and alot more AAA action. Of course launching from carriers. If anyone has any knowledge or where I can find historical resources, like the date, mission, carriers and aircraft/squadrons involved. I'd appreciate it.Click here to download this file
i might have some info on alpha strike missions lemme check my resources and ill get back to u.if u want u can email me at johnspencerrock@yahoo.com and well take it from there-laterjohn
i might have some info on alpha strike missions lemme check my resources and ill get back to u.if u want u can email me at johnspencerrock@yahoo.com and well take it from there-laterjohn

On the 6th of October, 1972 A-7 Corsairs from VFA-82 "Marauders" hit and dropped the Thanh Hoa bridge using Walleye IIs and Mk.84 bombs. They were assigned to CVW-8 at the time, and they put up an Alpha strike as a diversion. This could make for an interesting mission with all of the aircraft involved.

Storm

Hi do you still have the Alpha Strike Missions? Sorry to bring up an old post.... :blush: