Sign in to follow this  
Vex

Contrast anyone?

As I was having a ball capturing images and croping them in photoshop to remove some of the game interface stuff. I also started to add some contrast to the pictures and wham! What a difference. I thought that the sim has an overall wash to the color and adding some contrast to pump it up is what it needed. Now I need to find away to add this as I play without just cranking the monitor. Maybe in a future release it might be a nice feature ;) to have some options for punching up the contrast. Here are some small shots that I have been freaking out my IL-2 buddies with.....

2.jpeg

7.jpg

(ok, so alittle motion blur never hurt)

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

(smile! I've got Napalm!)

Great reflection mapping!

17.jpg

18.jpg

20.jpg

Shot a MIG19 Farmer down, didn't get any good grabs of him.

22.jpg

23.jpg

Classic shot....

Vex

if you are running a pretty modern Nvidia card there are settings in the nvidia interface that will do just that..it takes a bit of tweaking but the result not only benefits SFP1 but all of your sims and games..and in some cases gives a slight performance boost..

DK

Well do share my good man. All of us Nvidia users are listening. :)

I run the 30.82 drivers..in the Nview settings for the card there is a color correction settings as well as in the textel alignment etc..its best to use a tweaker like Rivatuner for these drivers..this can be downloaded at Guru3d.com, on any top end TI card like the GF4 TI 4600 FSAA at 4xs should cause no noticable framerate hit in SFp1, My mx 420 at Quincox runs 40 -50 fps on good weather flights..20 to 30 fps on bad weather flights..so a TI card should match these easily at the highest FSAA, to further clean up the images in riva tuner under Dx settings is a little known setting called multisample masking...this helps sharpen Antialiased images like Text..such as that found on the guages and external markings on the aircraft..in quincox mode I can read the little tiny 10's and currently the 50 inside the little red star on the side of my bird quite easily..reading the guages is also no problem..my next planned upgrades for my comp are a 2.4 ghz amd K7/all ddr motherboard/and a GF5 or the new Matrox card..I'm leaning towards the NV30..as it seems that the ongoing development of this GPU seems to further improve it to beat the new competition from Radion and Matrox..expect higher FSAA settings with these cards as well..the Matrox will run at 16x AA already..making lines like antenna cables on aircraft razor sharp and very straight..with very clear text..and nice straight wing edges..WITHOUT a loss of performance..new tech that Matrox has developed..read a review of a development card a while back..

Textel alignment etc is also important to sharpen an image using FSAA, as well as the LOD adjustment..these can be fine tuned to produce that nice sharp clear image in the 3d world that he has produced with Photoshop..reason why photoshop produced it? because the sim already has it..its a matter of tweakin your card to show it..trial and error to find the best settings for each card type..TI4600 probably the easiest to tweak out

and no..I'm not overclocking my Geforce..

DK