Dagger

a place to meet to just chat..a new chat room for everyone

Thank you Dagger :)

I`m in it now, but there doesn`t seem to be anybody else in there,

I`ll try and remember to check in at regular basis just in case!

Salute!

RVH

Guest Stiglr
...there doesn`t seem to be anybody else in there...

Likely because of that godawful Hammers crest. Nobody wants to associate with a loser! :haha:

Now, Arsenal... that's a REAL side...!

[g,d, r]

Likely because of that godawful Hammers crest. Nobody wants to associate with a loser! :haha:

Now, Arsenal... that's a REAL side...!

[g,d, r]

A gooners fan here??we need to start checking deeper into peoples back ground.Well it could be worse..atleast you didn't say chelski(that would have brought an instant :banned: )as it is my grandson is a gooners fan(not sure where I went wrong on that one.So for now :warning2: so now go get you some Claret and Blue on and start Blowing Bubbles! :victory:

Thx Dagger

Perhaps we could get the link pinned at the top of the forums for easy access for those that didn't bookmark it.

It'd be great if I could get on the biddy thing. I click on the link and it tells me my java's old and there's nothing worse than old java. So I do the java download/update thung and check the version and it tells me I'm brand new. So I click on the link and it tells me my java's old etc. etc. java's brand spanking etc.etc. Am becoming disoriented. Am a passenger on the disorient express. If I ever get a java that travels well I'll be there...

It'd be great if I could get on the biddy thing. I click on the link and it tells me my java's old and there's nothing worse than old java. So I do the java download/update thung and check the version and it tells me I'm brand new. So I click on the link and it tells me my java's old etc. etc. java's brand spanking etc.etc. Am becoming disoriented. Am a passenger on the disorient express. If I ever get a java that travels well I'll be there...

Same problem. If someone has the Java workaround, would appreciate the 'heads-up'. It says I do not have proper access, and yet I am logged in as Administrator - go figure. I generally opt for Flash, it is less trouble. I thought MS and Sun worked this out. Like to idea of a chat room, so will try to work the problem, but may need some help.

Checking in :)

Edited by EmlD

(S!) ALL hi ;-)

Haaayyyy… EM how you doing?, nice to see you.

Doing any modeling these days? Has any more

Work done on the Nieuport’s cockpits?

Stop by the TS we chat a wile again.

TS2

IP; 85.214.27.152:8769

Your nic-name.

No password needed.

your friend in the FE sky

v. Deutschmark

Same problem. If someone has the Java workaround, would appreciate the 'heads-up'. It says I do not have proper access, and yet I am logged in as Administrator - go figure. I generally opt for Flash, it is less trouble. I thought MS and Sun worked this out. Like to idea of a chat room, so will try to work the problem, but may need some help.

Seems to be working just fine. Not sure what has changed. Nice little applet.

I simply had to post here because of how long it's been since anyone has. '07!

While here I would like to share a few things that don't seem to have a category;

Last night while walking the dogs with the wife along the Erie Canal in western NY, A nearby farmers field was being dusted. the purring of a rotary engine biplane going back and forth... I beamed with every pass that was in view. Wish I was close enough to identify, but a good guess would be a Stearman - except it didn't have a dead flat wing. 2 years ago I saw the same blue and yellow plane dusting my neighbor's field. Nearly passing directly overhead at first! I was so excited I climbed to the roof so I could watch as long as I could, and in both cases was unable to have a camera. dang.

A few nights ago I finally had a successful campaign mission! LOL and I'm not even working the hard settings yet ...ugh.

• Like 1

Nice. I live next to a GA airport and like walk my dogs along the perimeter. They often have Yak52's and Nanchings flying overhead from the Warbird flights company. They also have crop dusters outside the hangars but monoplane ones, the big ugly yellow guppy looking things. Always good to watch the planes thundering overhead.

• Like 1

Padraig:

Make sure you do not confuse a rotary engine with a radial engine. They are two completely different engines, but look similar from a distance.

On a rotary engine, the whole engine rotates and the prop is bolted to the engine. On a radial engine, the engine is stationary and the prop rotates on the shaft.

There are no modern rotary engines (unless made for old WW1 planes); post WW1 planes used the radial engine because it does not have the huge torque problem that the rotary engine has.

Padraig:

Make sure you do not confuse a rotary engine with a radial engine. They are two completely different engines, but look similar from a distance.

On a rotary engine, the whole engine rotates and the prop is bolted to the engine. On a radial engine, the engine is stationary and the prop rotates on the shaft.

There are no modern rotary engines (unless made for old WW1 planes); post WW1 planes used the radial engine because it does not have the huge torque problem that the rotary engine has.

Thank you Panama Red, You are right - it was indeed a radial engine. This forum and game has been a tremendous educational opportunity. For me it started with researching a plane for a model build (Nieuport Bebe), and that led to looking at games, and now I am learning about WWI. This is awesome - thanks again for clearing that up.