Sign in to follow this  
Brian Gregory

Track IR 4.0

Please excuse a posting from a brand-new member. Downloaded & installed First Eagles 2 days ago and have absolutely been blown away by it... The gameplay is excellent, the flight behaviour tries hard to represent the quirks of these early aircraft & the scenery is superb at all heights.. I wish Shockwave's BOBII was as stable and had similarly realistic scenery.

Not since Rowan's Flying Corps Gold have I enjoyed a flight-sim so much. I notice reference to the Camel in some of the Forum postings & hope there's a flyable mod in preparation AND that this does not mean losing any of the existing 'planes (which was a major disadvantage with Jane's WWII Fighters)

The main reaiosn for my posting, however, was to ask whether Track IR 4.0 is supported and is it automatically detected or do I have to change any .ini file settings? I notice reference in some postings to Track IR 2.0 so am hoping it can be used. Thanks, Brian Gregory

I also wonder about that, I ordered Track IR 4 Pro a few days ago, I`ve heard rumours about editing ini files are required but I am not yet sure on how.

S!

RVH

Follow up post:

Hadn't thought to actually try the flamin' thing!! Worked first time. The only proviso is that in Track IR 4.0 mode the close-up gunsight view (F3) is practically unusable: you need to slave Track IR 4.0 de-/ re-activation to a joystick button or something; otherwise aiming at moving target in close-up mode is like trying to thread the eye of the proverbial needle in a haystack!!!

Follow up post:

Hadn't thought to actually try the flamin' thing!! Worked first time. The only proviso is that in Track IR 4.0 mode the close-up gunsight view (F3) is practically unusable: you need to slave Track IR 4.0 de-/ re-activation to a joystick button or something; otherwise aiming at moving target in close-up mode is like trying to thread the eye of the proverbial needle in a haystack!!!

Why use buttons for viewing at all with TrackIR? You can just move your head towards the screen and you will zoom in, just as with F3 I guess...:)

Here are some examples:

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l304/vanderstok/Videos/

I did change a few parameters. I have FOV in viewlist.ini = 75 and I increased the maximum rotation angles for pitch and maximum movement for X (0.20) in the ...cockpit.ini. I also made the x-movement in my FE TrackIR profile much more sensitive so you can quickly move to the left or right and look through the sights.

I'm going to get one of those things... I checked the TrackIR website and found out that the only official dealer in Russia is not far away from my home... Haven't used any of TrackIR series but I suppose they're worth 190$..

hmm, cant find the viewlist.ini or the ....cockpit.ini . I looked in the objectdata.cat but couldnt find it there either, btw, thats a thing I think would be good for next update of the extractor, if u click like, v, in this case, to find viewlist.ini, u click v, and u get up the first file starting with v, like, vievlist.ini :D, also I searched all around in ww1 folder without finding anything. Help would be very appreciated :D

Salute!

RVH

Viewlist is in FlightData.cat in /Flight. And the modified ini should go in the same folder.

And _cockpit.ini are separate for each plane model and hide somewhere in ObjectData.

No wonder I couldnt find them when i was looking in the wrong cat file.. my bad..

But still i cant align with the sights, this is as far as it gets to the side:

post-21120-1168363092_thumb.jpg

Anyways thanks for the suggestion man

S!

RVH

Edited by Red Von Hammer

I`m empty off ideas on how to make the Slide view work as well as it did for Vanderstok.

Any last ideas?

Salute!

RVH

I also made the x-movement in my FE TrackIR profile much more sensitive so you can quickly move to the left or right and look through the sights.

I see Sensitive and Smooth and such, and put on highest, tried all of it on highest, no luck, it simple wont go anymore to the side, it stops there, simply stops. and then i try looking around and it goes so quickly i cant even understand what is going on..

+it locks alot so i have to center my head again, kinnda like a lagg. In case u wonder, yes I have ALL newest drivers for evrything on my computer. yes i tryed deaktivating and unplugging here and there without any working solution, works like a dream on Over Flanders Fields, but in FE it wont go to the side..

Regards

RVH