Sign in to follow this  
JG14_Jagr

Correct Way To Create Multiple Installations?

I want to run a couple different "flavors" of SFP1, one being the Korean Mod..which wants a clean fresh install. What is the proper way to create multiple installs of a fresh SFP1 so I can start each with a new Shortcut and have each be distinct (Korea, Falklands etc.)

Just right click on your current install and copy it to a directory of your choosing. Its that easy.

I want to run a couple different "flavors" of SFP1, one being the Korean Mod..which wants a clean fresh install. What is the proper way to create multiple installs of a fresh SFP1 so I can start each with a new Shortcut and have each be distinct (Korea, Falklands etc.)

Thats too easy, i there a more difficult way? :)

On another note.. I have the Valuesoft addition now.. If I want to move up to WoV or WOE, is one a better than the other as a foundation for? I'm leaning towards WoV because I enjoy CV ops and the VN theater quite a bit. Are there any features in WOE that are not in WoV or cannot be put in?

Thats too easy, i there a more difficult way? :)

On another note.. I have the Valuesoft addition now.. If I want to move up to WoV or WOE, is one a better than the other as a foundation for? I'm leaning towards WoV because I enjoy CV ops and the VN theater quite a bit. Are there any features in WOE that are not in WoV or cannot be put in?

There is a great comparison chart on the column5 website that compares the various features/components of each game. It can be found at this link:

http://www.column5.us/sfchart.htm

Yes...

Get the WoV before it vanishes.

WoV is where you get the NAVY aircraft and cockpits which all can be used in the other sims with a little work. Nobody knows if these ThirdWire NAVY aircraft will ever be available again.

WoV is required for Yankee Air Pirate payware detailed historical missions, as you say you are into the Vietnamese thing.

I don't even have the WoE yet. The only thing interesting to me is the Hawker Hunter cockpit, as I have no interest in F-15 or A-10. But, I suggest getting WoE anyways. These things don't cost much and they are, or should be, redeemable in gold AND silver to the player on demand.

Translation --

What I tried to say is...get WoV first, and since it should not cost much anymore, get the WoE too. Get both of them in case you find yourself interested in the Europe thing. Both are like silver and gold if you mod it up. Original SF, of course, is like a diamond.

I second what Lex Luthor said about getting WOV. It is my favorite of the Third Wire games because I like the F8 Crusader campaigns. I could have probably set up similar campaigns in SF using mods, but it would have been a lot more work and might not have been as complete. Plus, you get carrier ops.