Sign in to follow this  
Tailspin

Problem With Bomb Target Missions?

When I select Bomb Target in Single Missions the AI in the flight take off, stay on the take off heading, and climb steadily until they reach max. atlitude. The don't follow waypoints in either direction or altitude. Player's plane on auto pilot behave correctly. I've tried several different planes and they all do it. I don't have any modded AI routines installed just a patched install with a couple of add on A/C. Can anyone confirm this? Thx. :blink:

When I select Bomb Target in Single Missions the AI in the flight take off, stay on the take off heading, and climb steadily until they reach max. atlitude. The don't follow waypoints in either direction or altitude. Player's plane on auto pilot behave correctly. I've tried several different planes and they all do it. I don't have any modded AI routines installed just a patched install with a couple of add on A/C. Can anyone confirm this? Thx. :blink:

Welcome to our "New World", having same problem with my patched version of FE, no clue yet as to what can be done about it :dntknw:

I think the "Bombers Guys" are "Borked" for now.

Hey, thanks Bwf! I've reported it to TK over at Thirdwire and he says he'll take a look.

Have you tried <Tab> <3> yet? I had an issue where none of my side's AI would even fire a shot.

TK mentioned <Tab><1> to get them to attack, then I saw the rest of the options hidden there. <Tab 3> keeps them in formation on you, perhaps it'll work for bombing?

And close to target tell them to "Engage Ground" - wingmen do bomb. Bu I don't start at airfield.

BTW, I noticed that at least AI Gotha flight drop bombs the same moment the leader does. Quite often the formation is too spread out because of fighter attacks so most of the blasts miss a lot.

Yeah, Tab/3 doesn't work. Pretty sure its a bug with the AI routine just for the Bomb Target single mission. On all the other missions the AI follow the waypoints. Could you two try it and see if it does the same for you?

Could you two try it and see if it does the same for you?

Well, I gave it 6 tries Tailspin and each time (with out using Tab 3) they formed up and followed. What I have noticed though, is if I miss the 1st Way Point and instead hit 'Next Waypoint' (W), they would not form up and follow. Only had this happen once. Since then, I make a "once around the Airport" loop then pass through WP#1 and off we go! N/P

(Just FYI, I have a clean install, Official Patch, no Mods)

/O

Zero

Hmmmm...thanks Zero. Thats very interesting. I'm just hitting AP at mission start and they don't follow.