Sign in to follow this  
crisisloaner

combining sf/wov/woe

Hi folks,does anyone want to advise a novie as to wether or not all the series can be run under one menu? eg all 3 accessable from one menu screen.

Hi folks,does anyone want to advise a novie as to wether or not all the series can be run under one menu? eg all 3 accessable from one menu screen.

Nope.

If you have WOV intstalled & add WOE then you can merge those 2.

I wouldn't be surprised if future WWI addons can be merged with FE (assuming that they all have the same publisher).

I recall doing this... after receiving both games in the mail, I installed WOV, first, and then shortly after WOE was installed. The install program detected WOV and asked if I wished to merge aircraft, campaigns and terrain into the WOE install, and did so, seamlessly.

In retrospect, being an old Jane's ATF fan, not even six months ago, I remember pining for the return of this particular style of simulator. I really love this series, now after scouring this site for over 150 aircraft, plus terrain and weapons systems. My WOE install now spans 7+GB. All the modellers, and contributers should give themselves and eachother a pat on the back. You have turned a potentially phoenominal sim, into... a phoenominal sim. Keep up the awesome work, and thank you.

after a bit of fiddling i got all thirdwire jet games in one folder (along with NATO fighters) i got the campaigns to work after editing the squadron file. HOWEVER it now takes forever to load the game! when you hit the fly-now button, it takes over two minutes for the game to load!!

"Nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right

people get shot."

- Clint Eastwood

Everything from each sim works in the other sims, just the right files have to be copied over. I merged everything into one huge strike fighters install. practically an entire hard drive.

And yes it takes forever to load, but what do you expect with 30 gigs of mods and addons in one application? Missions don't take long though