Sign in to follow this  
Jasta15

Jasta 13 Skins

Hi

Does anyone have any Jasta 13 skins or any other Jasta work in progress, it would be good to have Buchner, Nietmammer & Haussmann from Jasta 13?

post-22454-1168683623_thumb.jpg

Don't forget Jastas 12,11,10 and many others.Check out the Albatros Fokker D.VII Anthology series...

Another good source is Ospreys Fokker DVII Aves Part 1 + 2 and Jagdgeschwader Nr. II

Thanks for the info, I already have copies of the Osprey Fokker VII aces thats why I am awaiting in anticiaption for further Jasta aces. As there are no Jasta 13 skins out yet, i was enquiring on who if any body is working on any. Warbirds seems the most likely as his Jasta 15's are materpieces!!

Jasta 15

Thanks for the info, I already have copies of the Osprey Fokker VII aces thats why I am awaiting in anticiaption for further Jasta aces. As there are no Jasta 13 skins out yet, i was enquiring on who if any body is working on any. Warbirds seems the most likely as his Jasta 15's are materpieces!!

Jasta 15

I'll do a few for you, although I don't crank them out as fast as Warbirds as it takes time for me to replace the stock lozenge camo. BTW, if you go back to one of the first pages of skins, you'll find Buchner's DVII.

Edited by JFM

Fantastic!! I have checked out some of your earlier skins and they are great. I look forward to your future skins for any Jastas.

Can't believe how good you guys are!!

Thanks

GaryL

Jasta15

Pssstt...

J13_Niethammer_DV.jpg

I hope you don't mind the Alb--had the template already all warmed up. I'll start on a DVII later this evening.

Hi

JFM's Niethammers Albatros is good, addition to the Jasta's. What photo/design have you based this on as I have only seen his colours on a D VII? Have you got the original for me to look at as the hammer is head down on the Albatros and hammer head up on the D VII on the photos I have?

Niethammer scored all of his 6 kills in a Jasta 13 DVII, so heres waiting in anticipation for the D VII. If you require colour prints of the DVII I can e-mail these to you if it helps?

Thanks again!!

GaryL

Jasta 15

Hi

JFM's Niethammers Albatros is good, addition to the Jasta's. What photo/design have you based this on as I have only seen his colours on a D VII? Have you got the original for me to look at as the hammer is head down on the Albatros and hammer head up on the D VII on the photos I have?

Niethammer scored all of his 6 kills in a Jasta 13 DVII, so heres waiting in anticipation for the D VII. If you require colour prints of the DVII I can e-mail these to you if it helps?

Thanks again!!

GaryL

Jasta 15

Hi!

That Alb skin is based a photo and color illustration in Greg VanWyngarden's book "Jagdgeschwader Nr. II, Geschwader Berthold", Osprey Publishing, 2005. Photograph is on page 49; illustration on page 56. Indeed, in both the hammer is pointing down.

Thank you for your offer of color prints, but I should be okay. In the above book there are illustrations of the following Jasta 13 pilots' DVIIs: Grimm, Wolff, Michaelis, Büchner, Fritzche, Piel. I also have illustrations for Niethammer (natch), and Haussmann, plus a bunch of other photos. There are two Niethammer DVIIs--you want both?

Hi!

That Alb skin is based a photo and color illustration in Greg VanWyngarden's book "Jagdgeschwader Nr. II, Geschwader Berthold", Osprey Publishing, 2005. Photograph is on page 49; illustration on page 56. Indeed, in both the hammer is pointing down.

Thank you for your offer of color prints, but I should be okay. In the above book there are illustrations of the following Jasta 13 pilots' DVIIs: Grimm, Wolff, Michaelis, Büchner, Fritzche, Piel. I also have illustrations for Niethammer (natch), and Haussmann, plus a bunch of other photos. There are two Niethammer DVIIs--you want both?

Great, I dont want to put you to any trouble so one is just fine, I am grateful for your efforts already!! TFM Top Skins Guy!!

Regards

GaryL

Great, I dont want to put you to any trouble so one is just fine, I am grateful for your efforts already!! TFM Top Skins Guy!!

Regards

GaryL

Just letting you know several Jasta 13 D.VIIs are in the paint shop. First up is Piel's stork. Taking a little time as I'm redoing the rib shading and the 5-color poly camo--my last go at that (Hantelmann) I had the print overlays too wide and the result was too "stained glassish". Most of the J13 DVIIs will have 4-color, but I have a few sources that indicate Piel's and Fritzche's had 5-color.

Just letting you know several Jasta 13 D.VIIs are in the paint shop. First up is Piel's stork. Taking a little time as I'm redoing the rib shading and the 5-color poly camo--my last go at that (Hantelmann) I had the print overlays too wide and the result was too "stained glassish". Most of the J13 DVIIs will have 4-color, but I have a few sources that indicate Piel's and Fritzche's had 5-color.

Great News JFM, I very much look forward to your futher Jasta 13 skins!!! I just received the Osprey JG2 book today with the many Jasta 13 plates of DV and DVII. Keep up the great work!!!!!! :clapping:

Jasta15

Work in progress:

J13WiP02.jpg

Work in progress:

JFM, its looking goooooooooooooooood!!!!! Looking forward to it. What software do you use to produce you works of art?

Jasta15

Work in progress:

JFM, its looking goooooooooooooooood!!!!! Looking forward to it. What software do you use to produce you works of art?

Jasta15

Thanks, J15. Just wanted to show you there was progress.

I use Photoshop to skin. I don't consider them art, though! I just hack these things together by whatever means possible--if you could see my templates you'd run screaming into the moonlight! :crazy: The 4- and 5-color irreg poly camo takes the longest, mostly because of the Fokker-built rib tapes. OAW-built planes used the blue tape, but Fokker-builts were cut from the camo fabric. It takes a little longer to do that, and the leading/trailing edge tape gets lost a bit, but I'm putting it on there anyway.

Hopefully the first skin will be finished later today. Tomorrow at the lastest.

Quick update to keep you in the loop. Entire plane is finished except for some fittings I have to attach to the fuselage that align with the footrests (near that strange black "L" shape--anyone else have that on their DVIIs? I get it on the port side only). Once that's done later today, I'll upload them.

"Them" being Piel's DVII (pictured below), Fritzche's, and one of Niethammer's. After that I'll start on the DVIIs that have Buchner's altered Jasta 13 colors, with the reduced green area separated from the blue with a white stripe. These mostly had the 4-colored camo.

J13WiP03.jpg

Ok, J15, these were uploaded and are awaiting approval:

J13Preview.jpg

I'll have Haussmann's DVII done later today and will upload that one, too. After that, I'll start the post-Büchner-style blue/green fuselages with the 4-color wings.

Enjoy!

Ok, J15, these were uploaded and are awaiting approval:

I'll have Haussmann's DVII done later today and will upload that one, too. After that, I'll start the post-Büchner-style blue/green fuselages with the 4-color wings.

Enjoy!

Fantastic, these are top draw, can't wait to download, I notice your real attention to detail, you have even included the three cockade marked bullet hole patches near the stork. Top job JFM!!!

Many Thanks

Jasta15

Jasta 15, here's the next WiP skin for you. Should be finished tomorrow (actually, today, 25 January, but later this afternoon).

Buchner.jpg

Jasta 15, here's the next WiP skin for you. Should be finished tomorrow (actually, today, 25 January, but later this afternoon).

JFM, Once again, you have produced a great skin, Jasta 13 now has Piel, Fritzche, Niethammer, Haussmann & Buchner. From your post you stated you were looking to do even more Jasta 13's? Would Grimm, R Paul Wolff & Michaelis complete the flight of eight Jasta 13, Fokker VII's? Can't wait if this is the case!!!

Jasta15

JFM, Once again, you have produced a great skin, Jasta 13 now has Piel, Fritzche, Niethammer, Haussmann & Buchner. From your post you stated you were looking to do even more Jasta 13's? Would Grimm, R Paul Wolff & Michaelis complete the flight of eight Jasta 13, Fokker VII's? Can't wait if this is the case!!!

Jasta15

Yes, I plan on doing all of them. WTH? Once you get the wings and fuselages finished, it's just a matter of swapping around strut colors, wheel colors, and whatever is painted on the sides. Also, to your list above I'll do another Niethammer (the one with the hammer on the turtledeck and the "Buchner style" green/blue/white stripe cowls) and a profile I have in an Over the Front that features a 6-pointed star (early style blue/green, probably with 5-color).

With Buchner's plane, I just have to better align the ends of the white stripe where they join on different surfaces. Also, where the stripes cross the green/blue divide. This is on two different layers of the skin so I have to do a bit of trial and error to get it right.

JFM you know your the skinning pimp, right?

You wouldnt want to do a skin or two for the N28 would you? ;))))

Tex

JFM you know your the skinning pimp, right?

You wouldnt want to do a skin or two for the N28 would you? ;))))

Tex

Ha! Where's my full-length leopard fur coat?

Already a step ahead of you regarding skinning the N28! I discovered the need for decals, however--my skinned insignia were all jabberwocky on that thing, and EVR's "12" was listing on the upper wings. Needed to align the camo, rework the panel lines, etc. Then the J13 stuff came up so I've been doing those. After them, though, I'll get back to the N28 and just use decals.

I forgot I downloaded the templates! I still haven't opened them. I'll have a look through those myself, as prior to that I just made my own.

I think I still have some WiP screens around. If so I'll post one here.

Hey, hands off Tex he's mine!!

Once again JFM is doing the bis, this guys done a squadron, can't thank him enough (Maybe a leopard skin number???)

Cheers

Jasta15