Sign in to follow this  
Hawker

F-86H Aim-9B Positioning fix

Just tweaked the placement of the two outboard Aim-9Bs on this great F-86H model in the F-86H_data.ini file. Looks much better me thinks.

Just point it to your C drive (assuming that's where it's installed) and unzip. It basically just goes into your main F-86H file (the airplane can be downloaded at Avsim.com in the Strike Fighters MODs section of the Files area). This plane gives you not only guns but up to 4 Aim-9Bs and is a lot of fun. I'm not taking any credit for anything but just adjusting the missle placement of the two outboard missles.

Nice work to the creators! Hope you don't mind my posting this tweak. If you do just let me know.

Hawker

Here's how it looks now. Before the missles were sitting too low and too far forward.

Well done. Although i have to admit that the outer sidewinder looks a bit weird without the pylon :-) Additionally it would be great to able to arm the inner and outer pylons an both sides simultaneously. At the moment you can choose them seperately.

Now that we are at it: How about a steerable front wheel? :D

I did attempt to mod the NLG steering and it does work, however the wheel sits facing sideways! The actual model itself (the LOD) needs to be tweaked in order for me to fix it. It steers but looks pretty silling rolling left to right instead of front to back.

Zurawski, it's Pete Hawk. Please fix this in the model when you have a chance and I'll get it working right for you. Great job on the plane! And nice MOD making it an H model to the people who did that. :D

Some pics of the NLG in the neutral position. Note it should be rolling front to back, not like as shown. It does steer this way but obviously needs an adjustment in the base model. Upon retraction though the gear does center up! Kinda strange.

I did a test last night and found out that the pivot is "off" for the NLG. I've written Zur about it and hopefully we'll get this fixed shortly.