Sign in to follow this  
195th_Sith

Strike fighters service pack 2??

Guest Ranger332

but it has been stated the the patches were al ready lined up prior to release they held them to see what need to be added/tweaked/or removed.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. There's been a patch to Il-2:FB released? Where? When?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. There's been a patch to Il-2:FB released? Where? When?

What he said.

I just checked Ubisoft, & Oleg's Ready Room & it's not up over there...

Anybody got a URL?

I expect the bullets, so let 'em fly 'cause I'm PISSED.

Well I'd like to know just what the hell it is thats holding the patch up. Everyone has been more than patient with this issue. Maybe if we got CREDIBLE information ABOUT the patch and what in God's name is taking so long, buying this game, going on almost a !!YEAR AGO!!, would not seem like such a complete waste of time, money, and the gas it took for me to get there. As far as I am concerned, yes its fun... to an extent. But thats it.. Who the hell wants to pay full price for half-ass results? Maybe the fact that SF is in the value bins everywhere should be a fact that everyone needs to pay a little more attention to.

Someone needs to come clean.

WHERE IS IT

Show me the money, or give me mine back.

THANKS TK!

IL2 FB patch 1.9 is up at IL2FB website under upgrades and no..patches for fb were not lined up. only the first patch had a bit of prep work done from beta tester input..mainly bug fixes that were not show stoppers..all other patches were add on aircraft that were mainly developed after IL2's release..not before.

DK

Can you provide a link? I can't find an 'Upgrades' section at www.il2sturmovik.com, let alone a V1.9 patch. And why a 1.9 version number, considering unpatched Il-2:FB is at V1.0?

can't find the link too :?:

also you will find "credible information" about future patchs and addons for SFP1 here :

http://www.thirdwire.com/projects/p1/rt_downloads.htm

and here:

http://www.thirdwire.com/projects/p1/rt_patch.htm

you will see there is no reason to be upset. Quite the contrary.

For good reasons, TW wants to take all his time on this one. Every sim has it's own development history: IL2 was released late on shedule. Due to problems with the editor Strategy First, SFP1 was released far too early (the famous Wall Mart release) and the Gold was also released too early after that.

Well Sith I have to agree with ya. Waiting to see if this second patch is going to be the breakthrough that turns SF into a well rounded simulator is getting long in the tooth. The Mods people seem to be doing pretty well and at least some are getting something out of it, but I have my doubts about this second patch being anything better than the first one. If the Radeon issues arent fixed then that will pretty much kill SF for me and I will have to look on to LOMAC. I just feel like I am playing a Xbox game instead of a PC simulator with SF and I hope this second patch corrects that.

I expect the bullets, so let 'em fly 'cause I'm PISSED.

Well I'd like to know just what the hell it is thats holding the patch up. Everyone has been more than patient with this issue. Maybe if we got CREDIBLE information ABOUT the patch and what in God's name is taking so long, buying this game, going on almost a !!YEAR AGO!!, would not seem like such a complete waste of time, money, and the gas it took for me to get there. As far as I am concerned, yes its fun... to an extent. But thats it.. Who the hell wants to pay full price for half-ass results? Maybe the fact that SF is in the value bins everywhere should be a fact that everyone needs to pay a little more attention to.

Someone needs to come clean.

WHERE IS IT

Show me the money, or give me mine back.

THANKS TK!

Dark_Knight your ignorant. Sturmovik has a much larger development team going for them. Oleg doesn't do most of sturmoviks programming!

The main programmers for IL-2 Sturmovik/Forgotten Battles are:

Igor Egorov

Yuri Antonov

Dmitri Soldatenkov

Sergei Sokov

Roman Deniskin (also a 3D designer besides a programmer)

Yuri Kryachko

Rudolf Heiter (also a sound engineer)

Sergey Shaykin

Kirill Ivanov

Even if all those people were split in half to work on each game, which you know didn't happen. They have a heck of a lot of programmers working on that game. Olegs might program a little, but the site doesn't even mention it. He deals with the customers on the forums, makes sure the game plays right, and is working on the P-51 cockpit. Its probably too busy to program a whole lot if he has any time at all. Give credit where credit is due. TK has it hard working by himself, I give him credit for doing what he wants to with his life even if he has to fix the game by himself.