Sign in to follow this  
SRT

Adding 3rd Party Planes to Campaigns?

Is it possible to add the Camel as AI to one of the campaigns? In the D7, it would be nice to come up against the Camel or other third party planes. Thanks!

No problem... Just open the WW1CAMPx_DATA.INI ("x" depend on the campaign you wish to mdify), pick any French/English/US squad and put your Camel on the "AircraftType=" line.

You may have to extract the INI file from the "\Flight\missiondata.cat".

If you absolutely want your Camel to be AI, make sure the unit you pick is not listed in the "wwiCamp1.ini" file.

Thanks Froggy. I have the SFP1E utility, if needed. Going off to try it now. Cheers!

Was interested also in adding a Camel to the campaigns.

Extracted the file and in the Campaign 1 Data file changed RAF Squadron 56 /Aircraft Type from SE5A to CAMEL-----

But in-game the SE5A was still the aircraft available. Tried this a few times with both campaigns and both RAF Squadrons but all to no avail.

Have I misunderstood or missed an important step ---would appreciate any advice on this---thanks

thanks guys. talked to capun about same subject.couldnt figure it out. iwould put the planes in but they wouldnt show up.now maybe they will.thought eriks idea was a pain,but now i find myself going through the forums first, instead of the downloads.

Sorry guys

I forgot to mention (but Tex came to the rescue) that the campaign file must be in the corresponding campaign folder.

Another thing: if you want your aircraft flyable, pick a small "airunit" number.

I wanted to have the Bristol M1 flyable, but for some reason (don't ask me why), she only shows if the airunit number is less than 30.

Okay, I am flying the Camel in a campaign. Made two file changes.

Used WWICAM0_DATA.ini and made these changes. Look for the defaults protected with the semicolon.

[AirUnit019]

;AircraftType=SPAD13

AircraftType=Camel

Squadron=81ESC

UnitName=SPA 81

ForceID=1

;Nation=FRANCE

Nation=RAF

;DefaultTexture=FrenchCamo1

DefaultTexture=RNAS

I also changed: WWICAMP0.ini to the following (This file I think allows you to see the plane in the Hanger screen):

[FRANCEUnit006]

UnitName=SPA 81

ForceID=1

UnitID=19

StartDate=7/15/1918

;AircraftType=SPAD13

AircraftType=Camel

These two files came with the 2nd Marne Campaign.

I had trouble at first with the DefaultTexture=RAF (it crashed FE while loading), so I chose the Navy skins(RNAS) and it worked.

I got the original idea from Tex when he added the DH2 back a while ago.

Oh God, what I have I gotten myself into?