Sign in to follow this  
TexMurphy

Need help with Summer of 1917 Campaing...

Hey guys anyone interested in working with me a bit on creating a 1917 campaing?

Atm Ive just taken the the 2nd stock campaing and altered it. Nothing historical atm just pitting planes of 1917 against each other.

Atm planes included are

RAF

SE5A (stock)

Camel (A-Team)

French

Nieuport 28 (EmID)

SPAD 7 (Gr.Viper's SPAD 13 conversion)

SPAD 12 (Gr.Viper's SPAD 13 conversion)

Germany

Albatros DII (My DVa conversion)

Albatros DIII (My DVa conversion)

Fokker Dr I (A-Team)

Pfalz DIII (A-Team)

Atm it is basicly as I said just a non historical campaing that can be had in a few different flavours.

Flying Germany is generally harder as the Albatroses are out classed quite alot by the Allied planes. This is intended both as a challange maker but also to show how the german plane advantage got lost right after Bloody April.

Starting with a Albatros DII means you will get an upgrade as the campaing progresses. Jasta 2 will upgrade to Pfalz DIII while Jasta 6 will upgrade to Fokker Dr I.

Jasta 10 and 11 dont get upgraded they fly their respective planes (AlbD3 and FokkerDr1) for the entire campaing.

French side does not get any upgrades in planes.

1st RAF Squadron gets upgraded from SE5A to Camel during the campaing. I wanted to start with an older plane but DH2 feels just toooo old to start with...

Anyway what I would want to accomplish is creating a capmaping that is based during 1917, post April feels like a must as we dont have early 1917 planes atm. Plane upgrades would be nice to have as it gives a sence of progression.

History is needed and here I need help.

What battle from 2nd half of 1917 would be usefull??? Was there any in the Verdun region in this time frame?

Campaing so far is attached. Make sure to dl all planes Ive listed above.

Tex

wwiCampTM01.rar

That's an excellent mod, I've only just bought First Eagles, it definitely makes it more interesting.

The only 2 battles I know of was Cambrai which is slightly East of Arras. This was the first big tank battle of the war. August 1917 was when JG1 received the first of the Triplanes, 2 to start off with, Richtofen and Voss flying them. During September No 43 Squadron had Camels, No 28 had Camels and No 84 had SE5as.

Gareth

Hey guys anyone interested in working with me a bit on creating a 1917 campaing?

Atm Ive just taken the the 2nd stock campaing and altered it. Nothing historical atm just pitting planes of 1917 against each other.

Atm planes included are

RAF

SE5A (stock)

Camel (A-Team)

French

Nieuport 28 (EmID)

SPAD 7 (Gr.Viper's SPAD 13 conversion)

SPAD 12 (Gr.Viper's SPAD 13 conversion)

Germany

Albatros DII (My DVa conversion)

Albatros DIII (My DVa conversion)

Fokker Dr I (A-Team)

Pfalz DIII (A-Team)

Atm it is basicly as I said just a non historical campaing that can be had in a few different flavours.

Flying Germany is generally harder as the Albatroses are out classed quite alot by the Allied planes. This is intended both as a challange maker but also to show how the german plane advantage got lost right after Bloody April.

Starting with a Albatros DII means you will get an upgrade as the campaing progresses. Jasta 2 will upgrade to Pfalz DIII while Jasta 6 will upgrade to Fokker Dr I.

Jasta 10 and 11 dont get upgraded they fly their respective planes (AlbD3 and FokkerDr1) for the entire campaing.

French side does not get any upgrades in planes.

1st RAF Squadron gets upgraded from SE5A to Camel during the campaing. I wanted to start with an older plane but DH2 feels just toooo old to start with...

Anyway what I would want to accomplish is creating a capmaping that is based during 1917, post April feels like a must as we dont have early 1917 planes atm. Plane upgrades would be nice to have as it gives a sence of progression.

History is needed and here I need help.

What battle from 2nd half of 1917 would be usefull??? Was there any in the Verdun region in this time frame?

Campaing so far is attached. Make sure to dl all planes Ive listed above.

Tex

Hey try and see if you get the same error I did. When I try and play the French in SPA 89 I get the program error thing.

The other two french squads play fine. just an FYI. I have't seen anything wrong yet in the ini's

there are some errors in the progression of planes....

Im still trying to figure out how you can get upgrades in a specific month...

Tex