Sign in to follow this  
pcpilot

My son, pictures from Iraq...

This is my one and only son, Jody Bo. He is an Engineman second class in the US Navy and a member of Inshore Boat Unit-14, (IBU-14). Im so proud of him, its hard to keep my eyes dry...

...dang humidity anyway...

jody.jpg

boat.jpg

I'd give anything in this world to be there with him right now...Semper Fi son...

flag.gif

Inshore Boat Unit, in Iraq? I wonder how much action he sees, what kinda jobs he has to perform. Doesn't seem like Iraq is much of a river environment, even with the Tigres and Euphreates.

Might be near the oil wells or oil storage facilities....

Say "Hello and our support" to you son, from Biohazcentral.

The pic with the helmet and sunglasses, he looks as mine moviehero Goose from Top Gun.

Return safetly son of PCPilot!.

Greetings

Dutchy

Say "Hello and our support" to you son, from Biohazcentral.  

The pic with the helmet and sunglasses, he looks as mine moviehero Goose from Top Gun.  

Return safetly son of PCPilot!.  

Greetings

Dutchy

Dang Dutchy, your right, he does look like goose! ROFLOL! Im gonna call him goose from now on, hehe. Ill let him know you guys said hello.

As for what his unit does there, I dont know for sure as he has been very tight lipped. Yes, the rivers are navigable quite a ways inland, I think, all the way to bagdad but I could be wrong. The Navy since Vietnam has moved great strides in improving its brown water navy and has no problem deploying it in very short notice anywhere. It has become an integral part of local, in theater, combat deployments, formations, etc. I do know that he drives Navy Seals around and that his unit supports Marine amphib units. I do not know yet how much combat, if any, he has seen. I would prefer none...

PCPilot, can you put his patch on this topic. When we see a boat from now on, on tv. We know of it is his unit.

I hope your son will read this topic on a day.

Than he know how many support everybody has there.

Support from people that they don't know by name or face.

So do you son "Goose" the greetings and support from me.

Than he knows that he not only had support from his home-land, but also from a little country in Europe.....The Netherlands.

Greetings

Dutchy

PCPilot: "Is your son still on his riverpatrol in Iraq?"

"And how is he doing there?"

Now the war is over (is that really? I don't think so) nobody talks about the soldiers that are still do their job their. Peacekeeping.

I hope you have good news about your son.

Greetings to you and Goose (Your son look realy like him from Top Gun)

Dutchy

I have nothing but the greatest respect for any serviceman or woman no matter what country they come from. I think Goose (just going with the flow and no harm intended) has made one DAD very proud of him. It is very nice for PCPilot to share his pictures with us. That goes to show how much he means to you. Not everybody would share their pictures with a bunch of strangers from around the world. Thank You and hope you see him soon. Hopefully with things winding down in Iraq it will be in no time at all.

Hi guys, thanks for the kind words. I just showed "Goose's" mom these posts. She got a good laugh when she heard you guys were calling him goose, (He may have a new nickname now, hehe). She LOVED it, you all made her day fer shure. :D

We havent heard from Jody in about 2 weeks till yesterday when he called to let us know that his unit is heading back to Kuwait, (perhaps their original staging area?). This is a good indication that they will be coming home soon. He told us they will be flying back thru San Diego! This means I will be able to see him before he heads back east to their homebase. You can bet I will be there when he pulls in.

Dutchy, he told me he will give me a patch when he gets back to his homebase. As soon as I get it, I will scan it and post it here.

It's a long time ago on this topic. But I have a question PCPILOT. Is your son back in the States allready? And how is it with him? Several months on the water between desert.

Say hello to "Goose" your son.

Salute

Dutchy

Dutchy, Im impressed, you remembering my son and all. Thank you! Yes, he is home now finally and safely. His whole unit made it back safely a short while back. Here is the thread I posted on his return...

http://forum.biohazcentral.com/viewtopic.p...c&highlight=son

Still wait'n on him to get me a unit patch. Thats probably becuase he has been busy with his fiancee since he got back. So Ill cut him a little slack, hehe. :D

Again Dutchy, thanks bro...

That is good to hear (I missed the other topic, now I read the story).

Salute

Dutchy