Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Operation Tainted Cigar Version 2.0

Operation Tainted Cigar Version 2.0

Yes the long awaited update to OTC is here. It comes in 2 files, the aircraft and then the rest. You must have both. Please read the README. You must do a separate install of SF and or WOE to run this. The original version had over 2300 downloads. My thanks to everyone who had a hand in this. Many thanks to JSF Aggie and Deuces for their overtime on this.

USAFMTL, could you post a little backround on the campaign? Thanks

USAFMTL, could you post a little backround on the campaign? Thanks

It's the Cuban Missile Crisis, with the alternate ending of a US invasion of Cuba.

Thanks OTC team for the great update. This is a favourite of mine and it is great to see it back. Was watching a programme last night on the spy Oleg Penkovsky, who gave the CIA and MI6 the manuals and plans for Soviet missiles which enabled them to rumble the Soviets in Cuba. Made me wonder about OTC and, hey presto!, here it is! Thanks again!

I just moved from St.Louis to Kansas City, got all excited when I grabbed both files, only to find out that my SF CD is in storage back in St.Louis!!!! It'll be a month or so before I can bring the rest of our stuff here to K.C.

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Can't wait to try it out.

(Hmmmm.....wonder if I should drive the 5 hours just to go get it?)

What!! Drive for 5 hours. Spend maybe an hour looking for it. Then drive back for another 5 hours!

Are you CRAZY?! You'd be too buggered to play it for a few days.

Spend 200 bucks on a return airticket. That'd be what I would do.

And I know I'm crazy! :crazy: LOL

Oh! And thanks USAF, Aggie, Dueces, and others for this mod.

Looks very tasty. I like the listed a/c. Will get it soon.

Go on, BuddyT, only 200 bucks. (Still crazy)

File Name: Operation Tainted Cigar Version 2.0

File Submitter: USAFMTL

File Submitted: 15 Jan 2007

File Updated: 15 Jan 2007

File Category: SF Missions/Campaigns

Yes the long awaited update to OTC is here. It comes in 2 files, the aircraft and then the rest. You must have both. Please read the README. You must do a separate install of SF and or WOE to run this. The original version had over 2300 downloads. My thanks to everyone who had a hand in this. Many thanks to JSF Aggie and Deuces for their overtime on this.

This is the "what if" campaign of the US invading Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Click here to download this file

Great job! Kudos all around.

Thankyou all so much for your work on this campaign mod. This is very exciting. I really enjoyed the first OTC. Thanks again for providing this addon.

Is there any way to lower the volumes of all sounds when in the outside view? For me 'AirExplosion.wav' is way to loud and besides amplifying it with audacity I wonder if there's another way to lower the volume of all outside sounds.

Excellent work, the campaign is a blast :)

Turn down the volume in your sim control panel? I didn't think they were that loud. I mean from the outside it would be loud. :biggrin:

Turn down the volume in your sim control panel? I didn't think they were that loud. I mean from the outside it would be loud. :biggrin:

The volume in the sim does not allow fine tuning of sounds, the engine and everything is fine. When you open the AirExplosion.wav with a soundeditor that shows the amplitude you see that it clips, e.g. it's too loud at times. Probably that's simulating the blown eardrums you'd certainly face when listening to it from the simulated distance to the explosion ;)

Is there any way to lower the volumes of all sounds when in the outside view? For me 'AirExplosion.wav' is way to loud and besides amplifying it with audacity I wonder if there's another way to lower the volume of all outside sounds.

Excellent work, the campaign is a blast :)

I happened to be looking around outside when the flak hit. It scared the **** out of me. Immersion is everything...

The volume in the sim does not allow fine tuning of sounds, the engine and everything is fine. When you open the AirExplosion.wav with a soundeditor that shows the amplitude you see that it clips, e.g. it's too loud at times. Probably that's simulating the blown eardrums you'd certainly face when listening to it from the simulated distance to the explosion ;)

I will tell the boys on the ground to quit shooting at you. In the mean time what is your address so I can send you some ear defenders..... :tongue::good:

Sincere thanks to everyone who obviously put a lot of hard thought and work into this campaign package. Excellent stuff!

Excellent! I've been eagerly awaiting this!

Ah, nevermind. I just saw the 2nd file now. That will teach me not to read carefully!! :blush2:

Edited by Jedi Master

Is there anything special I have to do to fire the AIR-2 Genie or the nuclear Falcon?

close your eyes.....

and kiss your ........... goodbye!

:rofl:

those were unguided rockets with a BIG BOOM at the end - so other than point it on an intercept heading at about 5nm - shoot - and get the $$#@^% out of the way!

(note - those words of wisdom are approximate quotes from on old F-106 buddy of mine.)

:dntknw:  i am downloading it rigth now, but i have question:

can you play ast cubans and/or the soviets??? or only usaf???

play in the both sides its really a great experience you got both sides of the cake :rofl: