Just bought m first YAP product and the F-100F alone is worth the price admission. The Misty FAC missions are excellent. I highly recommend it.

F-100F.jpg

F-100F2.jpg

What was Misty FAC?

In 1967, a group of combat-experienced fighter pilot volunteers were brought together in South Viet Nam to form a top secret squadron with a now-famous callsign -- MISTY. They were stationed first at Phu Cat Air Base, then in 1969, they moved to Tuy Hoa Air Base. Their mission was to fly fast and low over enemy territory, armed with only their cannons and marking rockets... so low that they could see the targets... SAMs, AAA sites, trucks, bridges, boats, bulldozers... whatever. Their goal was straightforward: disrupt the transfer of enemy supplies and equipment down the Ho Chi Minh trail. When a Misty located one or more of these targets, he directed Air Force and Navy fighter strikes against them. Mistys flew the two-seat version of the F-100, the F-100F, and although they flew fast (350 to 550 MPH), and they continually jinked (i.e., changed direction) to spoil the enemy's prediction of where to aim, still, 28% of the Misty pilots were shot down. Their first commander, Colonel Bud Day, was one of those shot down, and he became a POW in the Hanoi Hilton. Those who survived went on to important positions, including two Air Force Chiefs of Staff, six general officers, two astronauts, and the first man to fly around the world unrefueled in a light aircraft.

No.

Scratched it up a bit, sorry Crab.......

This is a cool machine to fly. The detail is excellent. As Dave says, worth the price of admission for this alone. Mine got scratched in much the same way!

post-9488-1169680336_thumb.jpg

Well at least you got away MTL...that damn ZPU...we have to call for Jolly.

That's a really nice-looking airplane.

What's YAP ? :dntknw:

YAP=Yankee Air Pirates

As far as I know it's a group of modders who got together and developed some WOV missions based on actual missions flown in Vietnam. They charge for the missions (I think their prices are really reasonable) and they come with tons of add-on planes, ground objects, effects, targets, weapons, etc. I guess they plan on making 100 historically accurate missions. The link to their site is below. I don't want to seem like a commercial for them, but they have good stuff. I've only got the first ten missions, but so far it's been worth it.

http://www.yankeeairpirate.net/

post-9488-1169680336_thumb.jpg

Well at least you got away MTL...that damn ZPU...we have to call for Jolly.

Flyin' too straight man! I showed you how to hit that and get away!

8 you need to jink off the target man....

Question: Can the add-on aircraft/objects/targets from YAP be used in the WOV dynamic campaign without too much trouble or are they pretty much for the YAP missions only?

Thanks.

If you edit the campaign's to include them I don't see why not.

As far as the YAP specific objects go... not sure if the WOV campaign will use them. I know that in single mission's it will use them.

YAP is a great product the missions are realistic and tough, and the extra models providied excellent. The prices are posted on the site, but are well worth the quality. Check out their site. URL posted above.