Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

Simped Vario Pro F-16+ Interview now online!

Skater got a chance to sit down and chat with the creators of the awesome new Vario Pro rudder pedals and asked a slew of questions about how they came about. Here's a snippet:

1. What are your professional backgrounds, and what brought you two together on this project?

We got together in the summer of 2002. My Cougar was not perfect, and I was looking for a rudder. The Simped was the best for my Cougar, but with the first version I had some trouble with the installation. The first phone call I had with Dieter was the result of this trouble. Pretty soon we were discussing brakes for the Simped. You can see what the outcome of our discussion was; the Simped Vario F-16+. I have made the design and Dieter did all of the technical development.

Simped Vario Pedals Interview

Those are some sweet pedals. Skater, how stiff are they, especially compared to CH Pro Pedals?

Those are some sweet pedals. Skater, how stiff are they, especially compared to CH Pro Pedals?

I have not gotten a set yet, so I have not had a chance to cop a feel, so to speak. :)

I have heard from a few guys in Europe who have gotten theirs, and they say that the feel is very nice. A nice positive feedback pushing all the way through the axis. Toe brakes do not move much, so no real tactile feedback there, but they work really nice. So I have heard. Until I get a set ton review, I can't confirm these comments, or make any judgements. Sorry. :(

-Skater

skater@biohazcentral.com

Not yet. I have been promised a set to review from the second production run. Still waiting. Don't worry, I'll have a set to review soon I think.

-Skater

skater@biohazcentral.com

Skater

I am very interested to hear what you have to say. I have read all the rave reviews over at Frugal's, but I'd like to hear from another website about these.

I really wish he had a North American distributor, but his operation seems to be literally a one man deal. He is almost too talented for his good it would seem.

Edit: My gosh! I just noticed when this thread started. Have you received the pedals yet? I want to order some, but what is the delay in shipment?

I got the pedals last week. I am in the process of testing them. Give me a week or two, and I should have a test report and review for you.

-Skater