Sign in to follow this  
Preacher

wings over europe squadrons?

Any still actually play wings over europe? I'm looking for a squadron. I am UK based but will fly for euro squadrons.

Preach

I'm not sure how many there are around,you might try to do a google search for one,if you find one post it here and we'll get the word out.

I'm not sure how many there are around,you might try to do a google search for one,if you find one post it here and we'll get the word out.

Yeah I tried that before I posted.... not alot of life out there im afraid :(

TAW is currently playing with the idea of starting a WoE,or WoV squadron.while nothing has been decided it is a start that the game is even being concidered. TAW

In the FA days squadrons were all the rage. An easy way to organize people to fly with and against. What happened? I still can't get WOE to work in MP. I setup up hyperlobby but it only has WOV not WOE. Any help is appreciated. Why no squadrons?

In the FA days squadrons were all the rage. An easy way to organize people to fly with and against. What happened? I still can't get WOE to work in MP. I setup up hyperlobby but it only has WOV not WOE. Any help is appreciated. Why no squadrons?

Same for me i have never been able to get M/P to work, What gives!

We fly using Hamachi...easy and rock solid.Other than hyperlobby these really is no place else to go.I'm afraid the days of Jane's,and Novalogic,even Red Baron played on WON ,are gone.Even M$ dropped the Zone.I remember playing on heat,Mplayer,and Kali but other than Kali these are gone.and Kali has a one time fee for it.

You know you've been simming to know what Kali.net was. I had a talk with USAFMTL about that, and I've been hankering for a sqadron, but I'm too Lone Wolf for it though. Maybe as an online trainer, and for fun, but that's about it.

Why not just do a F-4 Phantom Squadron in WOV? I am sure it would not be to hard to get together a group willing to Fly agressor migs. I would do aither. Any one that wants to do up a squadron Let me know cause i am in.

I am looking for a squadron too. Never played WoE online, and never found someone to play it! Great game, my favorite aircraft is the A-10, really easy to fly and kill ground targets.

Thirdwire sims' multiplayer support simply does not have enough features to support an online community comparable to Jane's FA or IL-2/FB/PF.

1) Co-op mode only permits canned missions with 8 vs 8, no user created missions.

2) To ensure the opposing sides are in the right place at the right time to make the missions interesting, both sides always start in the air near the target, so no ground starts.

3) The environment is dumbed down compared to single player to keep communications/lag problems to a minimum: no 3d clouds and only air defenses/ground objects near the target.

4) In co-op, those who are shot down will be bored waiting for the mission to end before they can get a plane an fly again.

5) Dogfight mode does not permit refueling/reloading on the ground. If you are out of ammo or fuel, you have to ESC and get a new aircraft.

The above limitations quickly bore virtual squadrons that are used to having so much more with other online sims.

Personally, I think co-op is adequate as long as you have enough people.

I have never seen it happen, but 8 vs 8 co-op would be awesome.

Of course, it wouldn't be any fun to get shot down 5 minutes into a 30+ minute fight.

Most of the time I hosted dogfight to make it easy for people to join and permit an unattended server.

For me, that remained fun as long as everyone flying had comparable skills since dogfighting real people is much more interesting than the game's AI.

Those interested in multiplayer with this sim series represent a very small percentage of the community.

So, despite years of asking TK for more features, the best TK would do is bugfixes to get multiplayer working at least as well as he intended.

I would still be carrying the SFP1/WOV/WOE/FE multiplayer torch to try to encourage others to try it out, but I have a baby boy now.

It will be a while before I have the kind of free time I used to have.

So, all I can do is sit here and watch to see if someone else will succeed where I have failed in promoting online multiplayer with Third Wire sims.

Edited by streakeagle

I'm in for WOV multiplayer. I just want to try some Dogfight missions against real people for a change.

Guest Saganuay82

You guys for MP need to get your own website on Yahoo lets say and start building your own community. It will be a place where you can go and read how to set up your game for MP. Anyone who has done MP, like me, knows all the planes have to match in everyones install. You can use any terrain you want as long as you all have it.

I'll help you set it up. Get some people together. If you don't want WOV and want WOE which HL isn't supporting yet, go with Hamachi and WOE.

We fly using Hamachi...easy and rock solid.Other than hyperlobby these really is no place else to go.I'm afraid the days of Jane's,and Novalogic,even Red Baron played on WON ,are gone.Even M$ dropped the Zone.I remember playing on heat,Mplayer,and Kali but other than Kali these are gone.and Kali has a one time fee for it.

yeah dude, try hamchi. it is pretty good. as the man said, the days of jane and the others are gone.

try something else for a change.

.......and then??????....... :dntknw:

Did you guys get this rolling?....way keen to get in on it!

Same for me i have never been able to get M/P to work, What gives!

you can fool hyperlobby, just change the name of the exe to WoV.exe, and it will start WoE instead, ok, now that we cleared that uop, im ready, lets fly, as in right now, lol

Yeah a WOE squadron would be great. Perhaps An f-16a squadron would be good.

Yeah a WOE squadron would be great. Perhaps An f-16a squadron would be good.

Online game anyone???

The >._) squadron would be more than pleased to see more squadrons join us in multiplay. We meet and play through hyperlobby, but use hamachi a lot too. We'd suggest you avoid the Oct08 update and stay with the older patch vesions though, Oct08 isn't a good multiplay patch.

Hey there

I recently joined not to long ago, and well im in.

I'm actualy going for my pilots liscence through the airforce cadets, so my callsign and such is taken care of.

Last names, Lord

Callsigns: GOD, hence GulfOscarDelta

Cya all out there

Any still actually play wings over europe? I'm looking for a squadron. I am UK based but will fly for euro squadrons.

Preach

i would like to if u dont mind