Sign in to follow this  
Sundancer

CTD when acessing Multiplayer page in game options

I had Strike Fighters installed previously and everything worked perfectly. I just purchased a GeForce4 TI 4600 card and decided to format and start everything fresh to install it.

I installed Strike Fighters right away and now...everytime I try to access the Multiplayer page in the game options...my screen goes black and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot. I have tried and tried and it happens every time I try to go into the Multiplayer page. All other aspects of the sim work great.

It's especially frustrating because I did not have this problem before. However, I have read some posts of others having the same problem.

I truly love to fly on-line...can someone please help me with this?

Thanks

System specs -

P4 1.9

512 meg PC800 RAMBUS

Intel 850 MB

GeForce4 TI 4600 video

SB Live Gamer sound

CH Products USB Hotas

Win98SE

the only thing different is the video card and I had a GeForce2 GTS previously.

Not only do I get a CTD every time I try to access the Multiplayer page in the game options...but

I also tried to launch the game from GameSpy and when I do...I get an "Illegal Ops" error message and it sends me back to the GameSpy lobby

I have no router or any such equipment...I am not running a firewall...not even running an antivirus program

My other flight sims fly on-line just fine

I am on cable modem and am using Windows 98SE

Please help

thanks

I have now tried changing video card drivers...changed to - 30.82...but this did not help either

still have same problem - whenever I try to go into Multiplayer page in game options my screen goes black and game "freezes"...only way to get out of it is to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot out of it.

also - when I try to launch a game at GameSpy, I get an "Illegal Ops" message and it kicks me back to the GameSpy lobby

sure would appreciate some help with this

thanks

I have been gone for awhile....has anyone found any type of help or fix for the problem of the -

game "freezing"(get black screen and only way to get out of it is to Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot), when clicking on the Multiplayer page in game options...and/or...

the game Giving an "Illegal Ops" error message when trying to launch a multiplayer game from either GameSpy or the new TCP/IP SFlauncher???

I know I have seen at least two others with this same problem...did you guys ever find a fix for this???

I have changed video card drivers...that didnt help.

I checked to make sure my Video card and network card are on separate IRQ addresses and they are not sharing an IRQ-

video card is on - IRQ 11

network card is on - IRQ 10

I have not done any "card tweaking"...just got new GF4 TI 4600... can anyone tell me the best way to tweak this card??? I have the latest version of RivaTuner.

In game...I have all settings maxxed, mirrors on etc. In single player(off-line) play everything works perfectly.

I really like this sim so far and I absolutely love to fly on-line multiplayer and this is driving me crazy...any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Problem solved...it turned out to be a Windows "Updates" problem.

When I reformatted and re-installed everything fresh...I neglected to go to microsoft.com and DL & install ALL of the available updates for Windows 98SE. As soon as I had Dl'd and installed ALL Windows 98SE updates that were available...Strike Fighters Multiplayer worked just fine again.

This MUST be done for Strike Fighters Multiplayer to work properly.

Hope this may help any others who were having a similar problem with Multiplayer