Sign in to follow this  
gijs71

How do you repack Il2 SFS files?

Modding can go bothways, for good or bad. All Depends on the person. "Maddox resents it big time" now thats a big word. If he did then why is he allowing the next game to have optional aircraft ? :blink: do we have any idea how that would get pulled off ? It would be no different then now. From your words "il2 online would be ruined" now lets see storm of war. People say it will have 2 different servers. One for Clean games and one for modders. The clean game server will check for edited files and kick if any thing happens to be differnet in size or ect. Modders server would just bypass no check. My Question is. If he is implementing that into the new game, and is coming out with a 1.09. Why not do it now... and if he is aginst modding why is he slowly allowing it.

If he is implementing that into the new game, and is coming out with a 4.09. Why not do it now... and if he is aginst modding why is he slowly allowing it.

Well the answer is very simple, the il2 was not built that way from the beginning so it would require a major code re-write, remember guys, il2 came out in 2001, it's about 7 years old engine that in the beginning didn't suppose to do anything else but be a dedicated il2 sturmovik simulation, and in it's earlier stages it had a great base of third party stuff, many planes, maps and objects were done by third party moddelers, but the had to go through dev. team's quality control

You also have to keep in mind that il2 developers are a very small team, it's not a huge company with hundreds of people involved on one project, why would they spend so much time for no cash return at all. They are too busy with SoW:BoB and they have deadlines that they must respect and I perfectly understand that.

IL2 is over people this is it, the 4.09 will bring some extra content that has been WiP for a very long time(if it wasn't like that, 409 wouldn't exist). I think the game is great as it is now, sure it has some flaws, sure we would like even more content, but IL2 is what it is and I consider it to be the best WW2 air combat simulation.

Edited by Brain32

hmm well if the new update has more aircraft and some updated sounds for all aircraft. Then kick ass. Many people love il2 right now because of the fact modders are never around, but im sure they wish there were some minor changes in the game, yes im aware that the engine for the game hasent changed very much sence day 1, and yes it's the best ww2 combat flight simulator i have ever played. :good:

CFS 3 :haha:

Edited by Hellzone

Don't laugh at CFS3. Even the IL2 crowd has been giving MAW a good rep.

why ? what difference does it make. Im a proud il2 fan :) and no CFS will ever change that.

What difference does it make?

Everything.

And even the original wasn't too shabby once the modding community came to life. Get off the bash cfs3 bandwagon, most people who hate it have either:

1. never gave it a chance in the first place.

2. Completely ignore mods and judge it by stock content.

3. Never even played it.

I played it, Without mods. Not enough aircraft. So i went to il2. I tryed, played for a month, and switched.

I played it, Without mods. Not enough aircraft. So i went to il2. I tryed, played for a month, and switched.

Looks like the mod added more than sounds

il2hack.jpg

LOL THIS IS SWEET !!!! btw " putting modding videos of il2 on youtube is bad luck " half of my comments were bad :rofl: OHH WELL !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA2BiRAPqY8

It's not much but thats because i dont know jack about java class files... :dntknw: If someone who knew it and were to step up that would be great :good:

btw you dont repack the sfs files, as i found out. There is a patch for your exe which when run... the game will read edited files from a folder called Files inside the il2 root... "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\ Il2 1946"

there is also a txt file which directs the game to the files.

Edited by Hellzone

Hah! cute photoshop job, despite what you're trying to say.

what is that a fan made sector for X3 Reunion, or Starshatter?

Well now... if it were that easy to make a dumb aircraft like that .... and put it in and fly it... it would be dumb to even mod.. I wana keep the world war 2 era aspect, and have fun. Get out of your cockpit....have cockpits in every aircraft.. Add your own meshes. I hate Mod Haters they will bitch and complain about your videos. Untill they find a 3rd party mod comes out that modders or so called "cheaters" made.... So dumb, ungratefull sob's

LOL THIS IS SWEET !!!! btw " putting modding videos of il2 on youtube is bad luck " half of my comments were bad :rofl: OHH WELL !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA2BiRAPqY8

It's not much but thats because i dont know jack about java class files... :dntknw: If someone who knew it and were to step up that would be great :good:

btw you dont repack the sfs files, as i found out. There is a patch for your exe which when run... the game will read edited files from a folder called Files inside the il2 root... "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\ Il2 1946"

there is also a txt file which directs the game to the files.

It's from the Demo of "Beyond the Red Line" a Battlestar Galactica "Simulator"

Glad you guys got a chuckle....

Never watch battle star glactica. Always though it was cheesey... sorry if i made you upset about it. Idk if ur a fan or not.

Never watch battle star glactica. Always though it was cheesey... sorry if i made you upset about it. Idk if ur a fan or not.

lol, not upset at all, just trying for a chuckle or two

but it was still good, regardless. I posted a howto topic.

Edited by Hellzone

The CAT file extractor is NOT illegal. TK gave us that program so we could mod his Strike Fighters series of sims. He updates that program and posts it on HIS web site for all to download and use.

Ths SFS extractor is another story. It doesn't seem to be supported by Oleg. However it is posted on various Russian internet sites which makes me very suspicious that he's leaked that program. Not the first time his stuff has leaked. What better way to stimulate sales of your new SoW series than to trash the previous game? Not like that hasn't happened in the past either.

There appears to be a striking difference between those two programs and the folks using them. Those modding the Strike Fighters series are expanding and growing the sim by creating new content, not cheats. That content eventually finds it's way into the next series in line. That way, those playing the game become the contributors to the next series in line. Those modding the Sturmovik series don't appear to be creating anything new, only cheats.

This boils down to a community decision guys. Just what kind of future do you want for your sim? Do you want to build and expand a sim by creating new and exciting material, or do you want to destroy a sim by creating cheats? My personal choice is to build. The decision is yours fellas. Good luck with whatever route you choose.

Those modding the Sturmovik series don't appear to be creating anything new, only cheats.

nope, sound mod

Modifying the HUD text messages is one of the more interesting ideas I've seen reported that the Mack (mod/hack) can do for Oleg's customers.

I wonder if eventually the community can mod FB/PF, or create long term modding tools, for creating things like airfields, or allow ship skinning....but if I recall, airfields must be programmed by the map makers.

Eliminating the 1000 meter thick artificial "haze" that sterts at 7.1km altitude. Why the extreme thickness I'll never know.

Make the high altitude sky less dark blue.

Make the high altitude clouds visible from above also.

Add new cloud types.

Add real Russian pine trees to the sim, instead of the industry standard "flight sim trees."

etc...

I dont want to destroy the game, but i would like to build on to it. As far as i know... im the only one on this forum with the most knowledge of modding il2. I have the files that people need to do so. If i was a cheater then you would allready Have them. I dont want cheating. Nither does the creaters. Also, if you dont want cheaters...."welcome to the world"

Also... cheats are not being created... not likely, i can agree there has been no development but thats where we the modders come in. :grin:

If i had programers, people who are willing to work. Then perhaps we could get some where. Qtim is a busy man. I havent talked to him in over a month. He cant always do this job. I would gladly give the files reqired to start modding if people were willing to program, edit, learn, write tuts. It all depends on what you make of it.

Cheats... or a better game.... your choice.

Edited by Hellzone

Thanks. I'd love to build up Oleg's original early Eastern Front but I am mired in molding StrikeFighters now.

I'd love to find a good cockpit for use in the Su-2 model, same with SB, DB-3, IL-4, Tu-2, etc...

Pe-8 of course also. Somebody had some neat screenshots of H8K with G4M cockpit. :ok:

Thanks. I'd love to build up Oleg's original early Eastern Front but I am mired in molding StrikeFighters now.

I'd love to find a good cockpit for use in the Su-2 model, same with SB, DB-3, IL-4, Tu-2, etc...

Pe-8 of course also. Somebody had some neat screenshots of H8K with G4M cockpit. :ok:

LOL the pe-8... dont equip that FAB-5000 near me. That thing is a nuke...kick ass one too.

Talking about the FAB-5000 I tryed putting in on the B-29.... A little nukelear loadout any one ???

"Somebody had some neat screenshots of H8K with G4M cockpit. :ok:"

Oh really i would really like to meet this person.

I rember seeing the il2 infantry, he took the MS and put a cockpit in it, and could walk around. REALLY NEET..... sadly he never replyed back to my message..

Edited by Hellzone

I have only flown for an hour maybe? online. But I can understand the frustrations of the onliners with hacks. All online game hacks are for immatures, no matter what their age.

However as an offliner, there would be so many improvements that I would love to try. I hate flying the P-47 for the want of a decent gunsite graphic. I go to build missions and lose it half way because of the statics textures. (insert list here... ). IL2 is nearings its end of sales life so I wouldn't expect UBI to be counting on too many more sales after the patch anyways. (Edit - I forgot about Galba.) Anything further to that could be brought about by a modding community. That is why Theatre of War is going to be around for a very long time.

Hope you guys can have a lot of fun with mods, atleast 1/100th of what I and many others had before we got f***ed by QTim :good:

Il2 Sturmovik 2001-2007

R.I.P.

This all in the end might turn out rather well for end users, those who want to mod will have v408, and those who want it clean for online play will use v409 with new protection, end of story, everybody happy :wink:

That would be an ideal outcome. I hope that is what 1C are up to right now.

Edited by BrassEm

There putting most work into SOW, this will funny if they release more updates, just to be secure.

That would be an ideal outcome. I hope that is what 1C are up to right now.