Sign in to follow this  
Python

patch problems

I am trying to get someone setup with First Eagles and we tried it diffrent ways if he puts in the patch and he goes to fly his plane disapears for a few seconds when he pulls up or if he is online and looking at target view while trying to dogfight. It does the same thing in Single Player. If he does not put in the patch the game works fine .His system meets the min. requirements for the game. antone have a suggestion? and we have updated all his drivers

what are his system specs and is his DX up to date?I think the newest update is Dec. are there any mods involved?If so which ones?and what settings in the game?

Salute

1.3 gig Processor amd

9250/256meg raideon card

1 gig memory

windows xp pro

we have tried diffrent game settings still happens. it is the stock game he downloaded with the patch installed

ok first this is it might be a bad patch install...so you might try to completely uninstall the game,make sure it's completely gone,all the folders,and anything left after the uninstall.do a fast defrag and then reinstall game,redown load the patch and reinstall.Start with the settings on low and try it,then if alls ok bumb them up alittle.is that graphics card on-board?and what about sound?and DX. Make sure DX is up to date.Like I said I believe the Dec. update was latest.

we have done all that i am lost as what else to do game works fine without patch add patch and it messes up tried an all the stuff uninstalling it defrag reboot afterwards seems to be in the patch somewhere

i to have patch probs.up to date on every thing,new ini files on add ons, my main prob is that my a.i. are still falling out of the sky, or going up in smoke on take off. nothing like flying for 30 min. to reach last waypoint with nobody there,or to have the enemy already smoking on the ground!im flying without the patch right now,campaige is still screwed but at least i can fly.any ideas?

you might try asking TK over at Thirdwire.I believe that the problem has to be in your video card or your DX the patch fixed alot of problems for me and I use an nvidia FX 5700 ultra AGP and don't have any graphics problems.The falling out of the sky with add-on planes was fixed by most of the people that put them out,for the most part.

my computer said i was up to date.went and found dx dec. full down load, 56 megs, installed.started over (again).flying fine with the patch,dont take anything fore granted.these guys know what there doing!thanks all!

great glad you got it going. Now get back in the air!