Sign in to follow this  
smg13

Loiter in a mission; how to set it up?

Hello evryone. I was wondering how to set up a loiter waypoint in a mission, or if it is even possible in the game engine? The only way I have been able to do it is by making a series of waypoints, but this can be time-consuming and lacks precision. I wonder if there is a way to set up just ONE waypoint where a plane has to loiter for a specified amount of time before moving to the enxt waypoint. Anyone knows how to do this? Thanks.

Do you have Kreelins Quick Mission Designer (KMD)

It allows you to set Marshal Point - a waypoint where units are to gather.

I haven't set any Marshal Points, this info is in the kmd tutorial PFD (that's all it says about Marshals).

There are also some other mission editors, all available in downloads.

Thanks for the reply. So that is what Marshal Points do! I use LeMissionneur for my mission building and DCG for my campaigns. I highly recommend them.

Marshal points are not really a loiter point though... there must be a way to trick the game into forcing a waiting period before proceeding thru the waypoints.... I guess you could force planes to wait, say ten minutes, until another plane who is timed to "materilize" after 10 minutes arrives. I'll experiment a little and see what happnes.

I have another question: How do you force a plane to go thru a series of waypoints, say W1,W2,W3,IP,OBJ,W4 and then go back after the last waypoint to the first one and go thru all of them again? A plane that reaches its last waypoint just hang on it, doing a turn until it runs put of fuel.

Thanks!

Good luck with your experiments - I would really like to know what the outcome is as this would be an important and useful tool.

I have another question: How do you force a plane to go thru a series of waypoints, say W1,W2,W3,IP,OBJ,W4 and then go back after the last waypoint to the first one and go thru all of them again? A plane that reaches its last waypoint just hang on it, doing a turn until it runs put of fuel.

I have no idea about the loitering, but I'm afraid you can't make the plane repeat a series of waypoints (in KMD). The only way is to copy it, and that is unpractical, if you have eight or nine, as there are only sixteen allowed by the game engine.