Sign in to follow this  
ramstein609

SF1 6 Day War, Israel and Egypt

Hi,

In Strike Fighters, putting the SF1 6 Day War campaign files in, aircraft, terrain, and selecting the campaign, it only select lagte night early morning times! I can't fly at night itn eSim, I want daylight hours, I tried ot chage the time of the flight to daylight hours using ht eplanning map part of the selections, but I can't select that, the game crahses. I seached al the ini files to see if I can chage the misison time of day. No luck. I am really sad I cannot flyit in daylight hours. What is wrong? I am at a loss to find out how to do this... :blink:

even if I could not do this, I am also not happy with not being able to select these planes in coopp mode. say the same planes used int he 6 day war for example. The MirageIII VS the Mig-21F. These limitations ruin this for me...

anyone know how to fix/change these issues?

the Daylight time fix would help tons..

Coops with these planesets would also be wonderful, as I really like online flying with live pilots.

Thanx.. :rolleyes:

Edited by ramstein609

This forum is not letting me edit my post..

but I am unable to add the Mirage I added, to coops....

puzzled why it does not show up when slecting aircraft..

Edited by ramstein609

I am flying the 6 Day War and have no problems, most missions in daytime.

You don't set this in the campaign files.

So you may not have installed properly.

Did you install manually or use the files manager (I assume you have the MiddleEastWars pack)

I used the installer and had no probs with the Yom Kippur campaign although now I have just done a manual install.

Not sure if a/c from this pack show up my MP coop but the Mirages (3 variants) do.

I like to fly online, so really don't care for using these one click installers... it screws up being able to fly online. Makes me have to have to installs of SF1. I know this is never going to happen but to bad Thirdwire and TK didn't setup their game with these options in the first place. I fly IL-2 and LockOn and Falcon4 and Thirdwire could take lessons from them on this stuff.

Thank you for the help, I guess I have to install that jonesoft enabler software. Off I go..

:good:

I like to fly online, so really don't care for using these one click installers... it screws up being able to fly online. Makes me have to have to installs of SF1. I know this is never going to happen but to bad Thirdwire and TK didn't setup their game with these options in the first place. I fly IL-2 and LockOn and Falcon4 and Thirdwire could take lessons from them on this stuff.

Thank you for the help, I guess I have to install that jonesoft enabler software. Off I go..

:good:

I installed the Jonesoft switcher and installed the middle east pack...

Still no go,, when I start the campaign, it starts in the middle of the night... :blink:

also still cannot choose the Mirage in coops and dogfights..

just spent 2 hours working on it,, got nowhere..

I did a totally fresh install of the game with no mods before I installed the stuff.. after I isnallted the middle east camp and the jonesoft enabler...

and it stil started at 12:am

I then said what the hell, I wil had a MirageIII (addon aircraft) manually to see if I can fly it in coops and dogfights. I can't fly the MirageIII in coops and dogfights...

But, I Can fly the MirageIII in Single missions...

so, again, I go nowhere..

:dntknw:

Do I have to install a weapons pack?

maybe that's why I can't select the MirageIII ??

I installed the Jonesoft switcher and installed the middle east pack...

Still no go,, when I start the campaign, it starts in the middle of the night... :blink:

also still cannot choose the Mirage in coops and dogfights..

just spent 2 hours working on it,, got nowhere..

I did a totally fresh install of the game with no mods before I installed the stuff.. after I isnallted the middle east camp and the jonesoft enabler...

and it stil started at 12:am

I then said what the hell, I wil had a MirageIII (addon aircraft) manually to see if I can fly it in coops and dogfights. I can't fly the MirageIII in coops and dogfights...

But, I Can fly the MirageIII in Single missions...

so, again, I go nowhere..

:dntknw:

Edited by ramstein609

Do I have to install a weapons pack?

maybe that's why I can't select the MirageIII ??

Ok,, maybe its fixed. I added a different 3rd party Mirage ( MirageIICJ ) and it is flyable and in the menus in coops and dogfights... so the one I had before this one was not showing up... that must have been the problems..

:biggrin:

I still have the problem where the Campaigns start in the dark in the middle of the night like at 00:42, or such..

:sorry:

RE: Only night missions -

Have you tried all 3 campaigns?

Does it matter whether you are Israel or Arab?

Perhaps download the file again.

It's a great campaign set, actually my fave (haven't got OTC yet).

BUT it does seem to have some glitches.

I have posted a thread, twice, about no enemy a/c in target area when I'm on a ground mission (Hmmm, maybe I should download again).

AND some of the weapon supplies do not fit the year date, too heavy for pylons, etc.

Many weapon supplies do not match a/c loadout file.

So lots of checking and editing.

The Meteor F8 has a year end date of 1965 but 6DayWar starts in '67 (easy to fix of course).

Goes to show the benefits of having someone else go over your campaign (which is what many authors do).

Also I have edited the Israel_targets.ini to reduce the amount of SAM's to 1/3rd of original - they used to kill my fps - still plenty of action from the ground.

It's fixed,, I can now fly in daylight, don't know how I fixe dit, but all is well.. as far as I know,, no problem now..

thanx all for helping, I jus tdont know anything else.. expcept what I also said in this thread..

:biggrin:

Edited by ramstein609

Well, glad to here it came good.

Night missions are fun but only every now and then.

I have had some of my middle east campaigns particularly 6 day war ending prematurely like after one mission with a loss. I seem to remember a thread on this but was unable to locate it. It is referred to in the readme, but I have not yet found a work around. I was thinking perhaps changing the battle line in the terrain file? Doesn't appear to occur all the time.