Sign in to follow this  
jetjak73

High-pitched Engine sound for Skyraider v.5.0 in WOV

Hi, my first post to this forum.

I recently downloaded and installed the Skyraider v.5.0 add on aircraft for WOV. It looks and flies great, but the engine sounds totally artificial - something high-pitched, like a bee. I can't figure out what's wrong...if i play the skyraider engine wav file in Windows Media Player, it sounds great, as it should and the ini file, which is completely unedited, straight out-of-the-box is pointing to the correct wav file. All other add-on aircraft sound fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

perhaps i should ask, is anyone successfully using this aircraft (v. 5.0) in the latest version of WOV?

I've been using the A-1H ver5 in WoV(latest patched version) without any problems. As for engine sounds, the 3rd Wire Sims don't

seem to handle aircraft "piston engine" sound files very well. I have several sound files that sound great when played by themselves,

but sound "like crap" when used in the Sim. I dug out some old CFS2 sound files that I've had for years and have been playing around

with them. I have one file I now use for the A-1H and the B-26K, they sound great on my system, if you would like to try it ,PM me

with a "link" and I'll send it to you.

Bwf,

good to know i wasn't the only one. I wonder why the makers of the Sandy v 5.0 didn't mention the issue in their readme or test the sound, for that matter? As for replacing it with a different file, I was thinking of doing that myself. Yes, please email me the wav file(s) at jkgtr73@yahoo.com.

Much appreciated...

Edited by jetjak73

@Bwf

Also one for me, please!

bad_frank77 at hotmail.com

Thank you

@jetpak73

The Sandy is a pre WoV release...

@Bwf

Also one for me, please!

bad_frank77 at hotmail.com

Thank you

@jetpak73

The Sandy is a pre WoV release...

Ah...good to know...guess that explains it...