Sign in to follow this  
jetjak73

Can SFP1 campaigns be run in WOV/E?

A simple question that i am certain has been asked before...

Can SFP1 campaigns (read Yom Kippur, Falklands, etc) be run in WOV or WOE? I'm guessing they can be, but with stipulations....?

Thanks...

I believe that you can run certain SFP1 campaigns in WOV/WOE, if you import the desert terrain from SFP1. Some mods however, just won't run properly and require SFP1. Either way, you need SFP1.

Edited by Pratch

All campaigns are based on a map/terrain. So 1st check which terrain the campaign uses (this can be found in the campaignData ini.

If desert map then you need SFP1 or Gold - this is stock map for SF and is not available for seperate download.

There is a 3rd party desert but I don't think it is compatable (at all) with campaigns for SF Desert - it is a completely different map.

If campaign uses other map, then you need that map.

Then check which terrain cat the map uses - look in the terrain ini in the terrain folder ( eg Falklands.ini).

Most maps can be edited to use a different terrain cat see:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=12230

Edited by csb