Sign in to follow this  
melhell

Level-bombing method for the B-52D

Hi,

I'm a noob here. I'm not sure if anyone has posted a level-bombing method for the B-52 but I thought I'd post the one I use as it seems to work pretty well for me.

I used to fly the BUFF in the old Navy Fighters '97 sim thanks to a toolkit a modder had made for it. With the combination of the method I used for that and the great bombsight by dfang that I've modified, along with modifying dfang's external hard points for the BUFF, I use the B-52D with an accurate bombsight that drops 60 bombs across the target. It's calibrated for 250, 500, 750, and 2000 lbs. boomers and can nail targets without seeing them due to bad weather, total darkness, etc.

Thanks for your input and permission dfang.

Some screen shots:

Bombsight

post-22760-1170388781_thumb.jpg

Boom

post-22760-1170388910_thumb.jpg

Hard-points

post-22760-1170388970_thumb.jpg

If anyone is interested, let me know and maybe someone can show me how to upload this thing.

Melhell

Post it your mod. It isn't that hard to add a file to our download section. Click downloads, then click add files and follow the instructions.

Post it your mod. It isn't that hard to add a file to our download section. Click downloads, then click add files and follow the instructions.

Thanks. Do I need a compression application? :dntknw:

You might want to get WinZIP, over at WinZip.com, they have a free download and you only have to buy a license if you want to get some of the expanded features. It is general that when you upload a file here that you put a readme file to that will list who you are, what the file is and how to use it, then finally how to install your mod.

If you don't like WinZip the other popular file compression here is WinRAR which I believe is also free.