Just curious, is/was anyone working on this or is there any desire to see this "almost" bird in the skies of SFP1 ?

Just curious, is/was anyone working on this or is there any desire to see this "almost" bird in the skies of SFP1 ?

It would be a good get! It would have been the first aircraft to carry 8 medium range aams (even before the phantom!) plus, carry them internally. On paper it it was gold. Mach 2 capable, 55000ft ceiling, big weapons load... all in the early 1950's.

It would be a good get! It would have been the first aircraft to carry 8 medium range aams (even before the phantom!) plus, carry them internally. On paper it it was gold. Mach 2 capable, 55000ft ceiling, big weapons load... all in the early 1950's.

Yes. Far superior than the P.O.S F-101 Voodoo (or any other aircraft in the U.S inventory at the time and in the following years)that the Canadian Air Force decided to settle for, Diefenbaker, I'd love to have been able to kick him and all the other who killed it in the B***S :angry:

^ I would'nt know :dntknw: , all I do is download and fly :blush: There're are several "underdog" aircraft's that I'd like to see, which is another reason that I should probably start slowly but surely get into modding, before people ultimately give up on this game.

nobodies giving up on this game.

You could ask around in the FS community if anyone is willing to send a source file. The problem with FS planes is alot of them are made in either gmax or FSDS. Neither are friendly towards getting a file into 3dsmax, which is what's needed for SF.

Guest capun

You can get an .x format file from GMax using some middleware and the new FSDS3 can produce an .x file, 3DS Max can import .x files.

From GMax you can still get the UVMap information, I am not sure about FSD3. The biggest problem is animation does not export properly into 3DS Max from GMax.

Tried it a hundred times. The X file middleman and mdl commander produce never work with the X importer for 3ds for me, completely put the breaks on Hawk 75 I was doing for CFS.

Guest capun

Which 3ds Max version are you using and which .X plugin?

I use Max7 and I think it's Mofo's plugin it works but there are a couple of problems

Mofo's site

- Unless properly set the model is mirrored

- All the edges become invisible, so if you are in wireframe mode you can't see the model. Switch the view mode, select each mesh, select all edges and make them visible one by one.