Sign in to follow this  
Brainless

FS9 v Flight Simulator X

I have over the last couple of years built up quite a large FS9 file with add on airports and aircraft. Before I lose all this to upgrade to Flight Simulator X does anyone have the two versions ( FS9 & Flight Simulator X ) to compare the two flight sims. For instance are the default airport sceneries in Flight Simulator X as good as the add on stuff in FS9? Are there any changes to to ATC in the new version? Is the weather any better than say Active Sky addon or similar. Will I need to upgrade to a dual core system to run the new version and is this better in Windows Vista?

I'd love to know what you guys think before I splash my cash!

I may get my a** in a sling over my reply but in my opinion this is a good place for info dealing with FSX/FS9, so sorry in advance to the moderators.

As you have noticed the MSFS section of this forum is kind of slow lately so I'd recommend SimHQ. This is the link the the Flight Sim board.....

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?...st&Board=54

The posts are recent and replies current and for the most part timely.

If you want info for the Strike Fighters series of games this is THE place to be.

Now, as I have FS9 installed, I've been asking around the server I fly on about FSX. Most of my friends are telling me not to waste my money and quite a few have already un-installed FSX and have gone back to FS9. Personally I'm staying with FS9 for as long as possible. That should be for a long time too, after all look at how many NEW items for FS98 are released on Flightsim.com every week.

FSX has great potential however at this time the needed hardware is either not produced yet or too expensive for the average player to obtain. Most of your questions have already been answered at SimHQ, just take your time to sort out all the info there, do your homework on FSX vs FS9, and take opinions with a grain of salt.

Best of luck.

I would love to have people come and post in the FS section.Spread the word around that yes we have a FS section.

I may get my a** in a sling over my reply but in my opinion this is a good place for info dealing with FSX/FS9, so sorry in advance to the moderators.

As you have noticed the MSFS section of this forum is kind of slow lately so I'd recommend SimHQ. This is the link the the Flight Sim board.....

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?...st&Board=54

The posts are recent and replies current and for the most part timely.

If you want info for the Strike Fighters series of games this is THE place to be.

Now, as I have FS9 installed, I've been asking around the server I fly on about FSX. Most of my friends are telling me not to waste my money and quite a few have already un-installed FSX and have gone back to FS9. Personally I'm staying with FS9 for as long as possible. That should be for a long time too, after all look at how many NEW items for FS98 are released on Flightsim.com every week.

FSX has great potential however at this time the needed hardware is either not produced yet or too expensive for the average player to obtain. Most of your questions have already been answered at SimHQ, just take your time to sort out all the info there, do your homework on FSX vs FS9, and take opinions with a grain of salt.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the info which is much appreciated. I'll take a look at SimHQ. You're oh so right about CombatACE and SF1/WOE/FE. This IS most certainly the best site. In fact I would rate it as one of the best sites alround!!