I was just playing IL2 and got a bit bored at watching the AI bail out of their burning aircraft just in time before it explodes and they open their chute and land to safety (unless there's ack-ack). So, my question is: Is there any way that I can take out the parachute feature (I'd like to still include jumping out of the plane)? This way, you can still bail out, but you're going to fall to your death anyway. I always did like this thought, as the challenge would be taking care and concern for the aircraft or dying.

Cheers.

unless it's in a INI file somewhere but I have a feeling it's hard coded in .Look though the files and see what you can find.sorry I can't anymore help than that.

Thanks, Dagger. Finally, I can add some more excitement to the gameplay.

I've been looking around and haven't been able to find anything on this sorry.

FMB allows option of turning OFF parachutes entirely. If I recall, you must do this for all flights or even aircraft. Its been awhile since I flew this.

No free-fall option, sorry.

Use this feature to enable large heavy bomber formations that are ruined by framerate hits caused by hundreds of parachuting crew. The game tracks all chutes as objects that you can collide with. Its a performance disaster with large numbers of aircraft having large crews. This is also a good option to avoid seeing all ship AA and (I think) MAIN GUNS shooting at parachutes.

The Pacific Fighters team, in PF and FB 3.0 merged, offered this option for simulating Japanese aircrew without parachutes. Its commonly used by mission sculptors to save framerates in large missions.

in the mission builder you can disable Japanese parachutes. As for american... German.. russians.. It has to ither be done in the .mis... or changed in the files.sfs or 3DOS which only i can acess that this moment. So more or less dagger it is hardcoded into the game.

Thanks. That's what I thought -- its in the .mis text files but accessable in the FMB utility, I think each individual aircraft's setup menu.