Sign in to follow this  
Spectre

Restoring Defaults

Hi community,

Rather embarrasing question here that I SHOULD know the answer to........

A few days ago, one of my nephews was over and was dicking about with my computer. In doing so, he launched WoE and trashed my control / keyboard / input settings :sorry: Anyway, I only seem to have the option of "Default" at this time, and it is not the original default....if that makes any sense?

I just want to get the original default settings back and re-set up my X52. Any ini editing I can do to get a result?

Thanks all

Andrew.

P.S: Still looking for that "eel factory".

Try moving the default text file out of the folder. There's another default file, not a text file, and maybe the game reads that to generate another text file if the text file is not there. Dunno.

Tip for the future -- make a New Folder in the Controls folder, re-name it Copy of Controls, and copy the default files into that extra folder. D:\SF\Controls\Copy of Controls ... that second folder will always have what you like backed up and the game won't touch it.

That won't protect you from hard drive failure. To do that, you need all your SF stuff on another drive or CD/DVD....or floppies. :biggrin:

Hey Lexx,

Thanks for that! Just got one last issue, and that is a view issue. I can't find my keycard, and I can't remember what view F6 corresponds to. I can recall however that it is an outside view of the aircraft that can be panned around..........

Cheers

Andrew.

F6- panning around outside of aircraft. There should be a keycard in the manual, available for download at Thirdwire's site.