Sign in to follow this  
Johan217

Suez, 6 Days War, Yom Kippur suggestions

A quick report on what is to come:

First of all, I will update all three campaigns for Gepard's Israel v2.1 terrain. Apart from a bug fix in the 6 Days War campaign (that caused the campaign to end prematurely), this update will include no other changes to the current campaigns. The work is almost done, so expect a release soon.

After this, I will be reworking all three campaigns seperately. What I have planned so far:

- Suez: increase A2A activity during ground attack missions, balance victory conditions, add new squadrons (flyable + AI), add more ships to carrier groups

- 6 Days War: increase A2A activity during ground attack missions, balance victory conditions

- Yom Kippur: increase A2A activity during ground attack missions, balance victory conditions

If you find bugs or have any suggestions for improvement, please post them here.

Greetings,

Johan217 / EAF274 Johan

Edited by EAF274 Johan

Johan

I am very deep into an IAF SF conversion. Was going to redo my Mideast campaign and was thinking of a fictional one set in 1989. Is there anyway we can help each other?

Hi USAFMTL,

I can share some documentation with you (orders of battle, squadron markings...) and some files that I included in my mod (e.g. decal.ini files for Arabic markings). Other than that, I have a bit of experience with building a campaign on Gepard's Israel terrain.

Maybe you could help me by sharing some of your knowledge to fix some issues with my campaigns - like how to increase enemy A2A activity.

Cheers

Johan,

You may want to play around with adding the "MissionRate" variable to each of your squadrons. TK uses it in the stock SF campaign (per the example below), but not in any of the WOV or WOE campaigns. I assume it works as a multiple of the MissionRate variables defined at the top of the _data.ini. TK has it in there even for squadrons that are not playable, so hopefully it effects AI squadrons as well.

It was something I'm going to experiment with eventually.

[AirUnit001]

AircraftType=F-100D

Squadron=436TFS

StartDate=9/25/1959

ForceID=1

Nation=USAF

DefaultTexture=USAFSilver1

BaseArea=D3 Airfield

RandomChance=100

MissionRate=0.9 <<<<------------------------------------

MaxAircraft=16

StartAircraft=16

MaxPilots=16

StartPilots=16

Experience=100

Morale=100

Supply=50

Johan

I finally found why no enemy a/c in target area during ground attack missions in YomKippur & 6DayWar - easy to fix

Check your PM from me at simhq

Craig

Try using the PM capability here at CombatAce.com.

Yep last I checked our PM function works here too.

If you need a tester or some ideas for scenarios, contact me :) I'm involved in two other Arab/Israel War projects, so a third one won't hurt much :)

If you need a tester or some ideas for scenarios, contact me :) I'm involved in two other Arab/Israel War projects, so a third one won't hurt much :)

Thanks Tet I am going to take you up on that offer. I need some ideas for the War of 1989, fictional of course. Its an A2A war of attrition....

Thanks all.

csb, great find! This fix will make it into the first update.

Johan,

You may want to play around with adding the "MissionRate" variable to each of your squadrons.

I'm doing this now in order to get some squadrons to appear more frequently. It's not quite clear to me how it works exactly. I know that the NormalMissionRate under MissionData controls the number of missions per day. So NormalMissionRate=.50 gives 2 missions per day.

However, the MissionRate under Airunit appears to work differently. Setting it to 0.50 seems to make squadrons appear less frequently. I had the best results so far setting it at MissionRate=1.0, but even this does not guarantee that a squadron will show up in every mission.

In any case, I think I am getting a nice balance now with a decent amount of air activity during ground attack missions.

I haven't tested it, but I assume MissionRate works as a multiple of NormalMissionRate.

For example:

NormalMissionRate=1.0 will give you 1 mission per day.

In that case,

MissionRate=0.5 would give 1 mission every 2 days &

MissionRate=1.0 would give 1 mission per day &

MissionRate=2.0 would give 2 missions per day

Hallo pilots, gunners, bombers, fighters, tankbusters :biggrin:

Sorry, but my english is not good :haha:

I have WOE instalation (merged with WOV), latest patch and weapons pack. Instalation of Middeast wars take many ours for me (because my english is not very good. My first instalation, a few months erlier, take a few days... :crazy: ).

I fly Six days war in Mig 21 PFM - Syrian 7. fighter sq. :good:

So:

1. there are no mirages on Israely side. Is it good, or I have some problem in game? (I Flew only 3 or 4 missions. Dogfihts with Mystéres are very good, hard and funny. There are many immelmans turnings on low G, really really good :crazy: ). I flew egyptian Mig 19 in the same campaign, and Mirages are OK.

2. I met A-10s on Israely side (no bombs, no rockets pods. They flew around our airfield, turn back and thats all. Oh, one of them was shot down, of course :rofl: ). I think, it is not good. I have some problem in my .inis files, I think. But where? :dntknw:

But I thik I met F-84s on Israly side a few days ago... Yes, somethig is wrong, but I don't know what :crazy:

Thanx for your stoical read my post :blush:

Oh, in dogfights with Mystéres and Ouragans are very good lufberrys turns on low speed, not only immelmans. Mystéres and Ouragans are better in turn like Mig-21 PFM. Very, Very good dogfights... :wink:

I haven't tested the campaigns with WOE (since I don't have it).

The A-10s are probably automatically generated by the game for FAC missions. The same goes for the F-84s. In SF/WOV, the default FAC aircraft is a Cessna O-1. Maybe WOE doesn't have this aircraft? Try removing/renaming the A-10 and F-84 aircraft folders (make a backup) and see if the game assigns a more appropriate aircraft.

The Mirages should show up however. I have no idea why you are not seeing them when you select a particular aircraft.

Please doublecheck that you have disabled the other MiDEast campaigns in the JSGME Mod Manager before you applied the 6DaysWar campaign; that's the only thing I can think of that may be causing trouble.

Hy Johan217

Thanx for help.

Mirages now works fine. I had problem in instalation of its pack. I tried reinstal it and it is OK.

Next problem was with A-10 in Yom Kippur campaign. I started campaign on Israeli side with Nesher arcraft. But there was A-10.

So I tried reinstal Nesher pack, and now it works fine too.

Now I trying fly stok campaigns in WOV (merget instalation WOE+WOV). I improved stock Mig-17F to Mig-17PFU, which is in download section. And I tried improve stock Mig-19S to Mig-19P/PM. Was these versions of famous Migs in mideast wars? I know, Egypt has Mig-17PF. But we have not Mig-17PF. :crazy:

I am sorry for my english. :rolleyes:

Johan217 your mideast campaign pack is realy ONE OF THE BEST campaigns I EVER SEE/PLAY!!!

THANX, THANX, THANX

:clapping::biggrin:

Edited by kukulino

Hallo everybody :victory:

Johan217, I have question for you. We have static aircraft in download section. I am using WOE/WOV installation of game, and your Mideast campaigns pack works good.

SO, IS THERE A WAY TO ADD THIS STATIC AIRCRAFT TO YOUR CAMPIGNS? In Israel 2_targets.ini are Mig-21, F-15, Hunter, Starfighter added. But I don't understand this things. It is hard for my and my english.

Well, we have pack, but I do not know how to use it correctly, and I don't know if it is possible.

Correctly---> I mean, planes in shelters etc.

What do you think about that? Attacking airfield with strafing parked planes is better experience than attack runway only (I know, there are many targets, not runways only. But my question is about parked planes).

So is it dream or is it posibble? :search:

I love your Mideast campaigns pack, and I think that parked planes can improve this great pack. But it is my opinion only. :wink:

I hope you understand me :blush2:

Edited by kukulino

My suggestion would be to make installation easier, such as a "ready to unzip all inclusive mod" in the way of OTC or Burning Sands 83.

I'm having errors and oddities, and I'm quite sure that it is related to my installation...

Another campaign that would fit here is the War of Attrition that took place between the 6 Day & Yom Kipper Wars. I've been toying with the idea of doing it for over a year now but have not got too serious about it yet. The only page I've found on it is http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_263.shtml but it does not give the OOBs for the time, which has been what's stopping me. Then again I'm not sure if it'd be much different then the other campaigns.