Sign in to follow this  
Monty CZ

Nieuport 11

Yeah, Monty (and Tex), superb :clapping: . Hard to beat this one.....model and fm. Can imagine how much work it took, and the skins are a treat. Thanks.

PS Whats the next project? :biggrin:

Cant seem to get the rockets onboard copied everything to where it should go and still no rockets

Is this just me are is anyone else have this problem

Cant seem to get the rockets onboard copied everything to where it should go and still no rockets

Is this just me are is anyone else have this problem

I am having the same problem.....

I am having the same problem.....

Hi Guys..

ive used the weapons editor and followed the instal instructions too and the rockets seem to be in my weapon.ini after i merged them but..still no rockets for me either when I actually fly the Bebe..strange..its a lovely model too and a great plane to fly..well done on a great job...;0)

all the best...

Rab ;0)

Fife

Scotland

Edited by sockboy

Do you have weapons folder in your game directory?

as it is here:

post-255-1172155829_thumb.jpg

in the Weapons folder is edited WEAPONDATA.INI and WEAPONDATA.DAT

use weapon editor which is downloadable from combatace

Monty

... in the Weapons folder is edited WEAPONDATA.INI and WEAPONDATA.DAT

use weapon editor which is downloadable from combatace. Monty

Thanks Monty, but which weapons editor do we use? The latest one from Buff is dated 11/2004 is there a newer one I can't find?

EDIT: Ok this is making some more sense to me now after re-reading the Knowledge base, I think I've just been up too early all this week; 4:30AM each day wears you out you know...

Edited by B Bandy RFC

Thanks Monty, but which weapons editor do we use? The latest one from Buff is dated 11/2004 is there a newer one I can't find?

EDIT: Ok this is making some more sense to me now after re-reading the Knowledge base, I think I've just been up too early all this week; 4:30AM each day wears you out you know...

Yes Monty my DIRs are the same as in your pic........

Bandy where is this knowledge base and what did you find?

Bandy where is this knowledge base and what did you find?

I feel kinda funny sounding like an authority figure here, sort of like the blind-leading-the-blind, but here I go...

The "Knowledge Base" area for Strike Fighters/WoV/.../First Eagles is found on the main CA Forum Page, just scroll past the more popular sub-forums areas. It has a lot of good stuff if you want to get more into modding your game...

Here is the bit copied verbatim on Weapons Editor:

>>>Right mouse click on the respective icon (Weapon and/or Gun Editor), then click on "Properties" and when the menu drops down, click on the "Compatibility" tab. Put a check mark in the square for "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 95, then click on "Apply" and "OK" and the editors should then open. Or you can also put it in your windows/system folder.

The latest Weapon Editor at Thirdwire's site is dated 04/24/06. I'm using the one provided with the 08/06 Weapons Pack from Bunyap which is the same. I tried and tried to get the Le Prieur rockets to appear on the N11 using that editor but couldn't get it to work. Then I moved the shortcut to the .exe to the FE main folder itself and redid the editing process and it worked. I guess the Editor has to run from within the game folder. :dntknw: Anyway if you are having trouble getting the editor to run you can put the .EXE and its .INI in your Windows/System 32 folder. Then create a Shortcut to the .EXE and put that in your game folder.

I didn't quite do it like Monty says (ie. using the "Merge" button). I copied and pasted the entries for the Le Prieur rockets and pods into the WeaponData.ini making sure to change the [WeaponDataXXX] header number to match the sequence. Then you open your Weapon Editor and "point" it to the Weapondata.ini in the correct location. Open the .ini, find the entries for the rockets, double click to open, hit OK(do this for each entry), then SAVE, then close the editor. Should be good to go now.

A little confusing for newbies to TW products ? So the SFP1 extractor can extract all available data files except weapons ? When I tried the extractor there were no weapons data files available to open ? So in order to enable rockets you must have the weapons editor ? Is that right ? I thought the extractor was the only tool required to edit ini's.