Sign in to follow this  
Draconas

LOMAC and the X52 Pro

Hi all.

As the resident computer geek I volunteered to help my local air cadets with the contruction of a flight sim system. After shopping around for them I aquired an X52 pro, as it was either that or the old HOTAS stick that was considerably more expensive.

Currently part of the squadron are beavering away assembling plywood into a mock-up cockpit, while I have a shiny new PC, a copy of LOMAC and an X52 and pedals to configure.

Now I confess, I'm not much of a flight sim player, Battlefield is as close as I have gotten in a long time. When i first got the X52 set up and onto the testing screen my first words were "oh my god!" at the sheer number of buttons/toggles and modes that I now have to configure and the standard X52 profiles do not work with the 52 pro.

To cut to the chase, I'm out of my depth here, has anybody got an X52 that they have configured for LOMAC, or if not, do people have some general advice for programming stick and game to give the best experence to the cadets?

theirs probably better people out there to answer your questions, but i guess im the first to dive in.before we go to far what i would like to know is how old everyone is,lomac is not the best to start with!by the way,welcome to combatace, i hope a few of you make it your home.

Hi, I'm 22, the cadets that will end using this are between 13 and 18. Hence they are getting me to do all the setting up.

Welcome, if it's an X52 Pro that you have then it's so new (still not available in many parts of the world yet) that there are few published profiles for it.

(there should also be a way to convert an existing X52 profile although it will require some work)

If it's a "plain" X52 then it should be easier.

Useful places to ask would be saitekforum.com , http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/, SimHQ.com & any large LOMAC-centric forum.

Its the X52 Pro version, given we are building the flight sim we wanted something that looked at least vaguely realistic. The ordinary X52 has a bit of a buck rogers feel to it.

Thanks for the link, where are these "few" profiles by the way? Everywhere I have looked I have seen reviews that say "there are only a few profiles for the 52-pro." That would be a few more than I have at the moment as I haven't been able to find a single one!

Edited by Draconas

hello again.good to see younger flyers out there its our future!with lomac and the ages of everone,i would just get the stick to fly the plane and not worry about profiles & mode buttons untill everyone gets used to it.the keyboard works just fine.keep it simple at first so you dont lose anybody in the process.keep us posted on how things are going, good luck!