Sign in to follow this  
simel

falcon 4.0 Allied force locks up my computer

I just installed this game on my new computer [HP PAVILLION with intel dual core 1.86 processor and geforcce 8800 GTS 640 mb video card] I chose training misssion. When I clicked fly it went to the screen with the picture of the f-16 and locked up.I had to kill the power in order to shut off the computer which P----d me off pretty good.I downloaded and installed the 1.09 patch.I restarted the game, selected the desired video settings.Once again it locked up when I clicked fly and I had to again kill the power to my computer!I am begining to wonder what kind of a piece of garbage game have I wasted my money on.I have been able to load and play IL2,LOMAC and cfs3 without any problems.Having to kill the power like this seems to have also screwed up my internet homepage and I am afraid of it causing other problems.Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreceated.

hey,

i had that problem but i think that i fixed it by installing the patches up to the most recent 1 (1.09) then it seemed to be fine and still is but if that doesnt work you may need to re-install f4:af.

hope this help :biggrin:

sounds like a reinstall is in order..try that and repatch.are you running XP or vista?F4 doesn't seem to like Vista,matter of fact most games don't like vista.