Sign in to follow this  
Weasel Keeper

Hooah!

Thanks Jeff, I knew you'd come to the dark side! :twisted:

For those who live under a rock and still haven't heard that America's Army is one of the best and most realistic FPSs out...not to mention the $7,000,000 budget to develop...and did I mention it's free for the taking???

Yes I said FREE...and no it's not warez punk type stuff. The US Army developed and released this sim/game as a recruiting tool, and has since been downloaded or grabbed at the recruiter's office by some 15,000,000 people since July last year from all over the world.

Read about or grab it here: http://americasarmy.com

If you're looking for pure teamwork and a realistic FPS, then AAO has it. Just like the real Army, you must first complete Army basic training before you can go online to play. This isn't too difficult, and before you know it you'll be a SSgt in charge of a fire team assaulting an OPFOR base without mercy. :)

Lots of training involved, but it adds to the fun. 36 of 40 targets hit at the rifle range and you can go onto sniper school. Pass this and you're eligible to be a sniper ingame. Pass Airborne school and you're free to jump out of airplanes and take part in a few airborne assault maps.

I still love the blowem up real good games like BF42 and RTCW, but for realism and pure teamwork, AAO is my game of choice. If you're used to multiple spawning and not worrying about being killed, then this might be a shock. In AAO you pretty much have 10 minutes to play. If you happen to be killed...say within a minute...you have to wait 9 minutes or until one team wins before you can start again. Makes it very interesting and intense because you DON'T want to die very soon. :)

Good link Fates. Be advised that PunkBuster software will be included with the next patch and this helps weed out the cheats from even being able to join a pure server.

Punkbuster most recently has been working with RTCW and it works very well. :)

Guest Ranger332

great to hear I joined one server and saw ppl flying lol

I know, I know, this is an AA forum, but I can't believe more of you don't play DOD. It's as realistic a WWII infantry fps as they come, its cheap, it looks good, and it is incredably fun.

I swear, folks, you need to check it out too.

www.dayofdefeat.com

Not to mention, its free if you own Half-Life. And if not, you can find Half-Life in a bargain bin for $5.

I haven't messed with this one and I do have HL, i'll have to DL and try it out once I get all my computer stuff unpacked... :P

I have played both DoD and AA and they are both most excellent. The Military Gamers Group is real hot on AA right now. If any of you would like to challenge the MGG, drop me a line. I'd be real surprised if I couldnt arrange something.

So when do we get a Biohaz server for AA? Cmon all these guys here we could clean house.

Cmon, I'll bring the MOABs. :wink: