Sign in to follow this  
Bluzman

Sudden unwanted view shift?

When flying in over the shoulder 3rd person view I sometimes get a sudden view shift where I am looking at my plane from the left side (same view as when you view a bomb going to the ground and after explosion the view jumps back to viewing plane from left side) lasts for a few seconds then shifts back to over shoulder view.

Seems to be the worst when flying low and slow - very problematic when trying to land. I fly with a trackball for a mouse. It seems to happen when I make quick fine trackball movements.

My WOE does the same thing?

Anybody else have this problem or fix ideas?

How do I send a bug report to Third Wire?

Thanks Bluzman

haven;t seen or heard anything about this problem before.I'll check with TK.

This is normal.

If you want external view to pan around the aircraft, press F6....don't use 'shoulder view'. 'Shoulder view' will always snap back view to the rear of aircraft.

btw, if you are viewing your aircraft using F6, pressing F6 again will take you to the next aircraft, then the next, and so on and so forth.

btw, if you are viewing your aircraft using F6, pressing F6 again will take you to the next aircraft, then the next, and so on and so forth.

use F6 to get outside, use your mouse to look around, use F1 to get back inside.

R3, I don't think that's what their talking about. Before I got TIR4 I used to use F5 "chase view" a lot and then only F2 to fire on an opponent (can't stand using the "hat"), and I would experience the same thing, ie: sudden viewpoint shifts for just a second at most unfortunate moments in mid-maneuver... Very annoying.

I got TIR4 and no issues :biggrin: I heartily recommend the purchase, sell your cat if you need to, it'll change your life!!!

...sell your cat if you need to, it'll change your life!!!

I don't think my kids would appreciate that....hmm...ok maybe my son would. :rofl:

This is normal.

Recon3 - this is something different - the view changes without any key inputs

it lasts for 2-3 seconds and changes back again with no key input

ok then...sorry 'bout that. :blush2:

ok then...sorry 'bout that. :blush2:

Thanks for takin a shot at the problem

this one has he stumped

The default F5 view occasionally did this and I always thought it was something to do with a possible conflict with the "shoulder view" snap back effect as intimated by recon3. I don't use F5 shoulder view anymore and prefer to use the F5 key for the "check6" mod. If I want to pan around in "outside view" I'll use F6 which is far more stable and does not have the annoying "snap back" effect.

My son had the same problem the other day when we were LANing the game together. He found it a bit disorientating!

And yes, no key inputs involved. From memory, he was indeed in the F5 view.