Sign in to follow this  
TexMurphy

Question on nieuport (11, 17, 24) ballancing vs other planes...

Ok so Ive got them ballanced decenty against each other... question is how should they stack against the other planes???

Condision of tests

7v6 mission where I fly the 7th plane... I give engage order and dive into the ground then watch AI fight it out...

Currently AlbatrosD3 wins over all Nieuports... the N24s do inflict damage and sometimes get kills but they always loose... Others obviously do worse...

N17s have very even battles against DH2s... These battles are draws as neither aircraft really has enough gunpower to kill the other with AI aim... also think patch 2 has reduced damage (not sure though)...

N11s also lhave a even battle against the DH2s... same here too little ammo for AI to be able to do enough damage...

How do you think the N´s should do against the Albatros D3 and the DH2.

Im suffering a bit from not having decent german opponents...

Tex

From what I could gather it was the N11 and DH 2 that bested the Eindecker. The N17 should be superior to the DH 2 but inferior to the DIII. The DIII should better than anything until the West upgraded after BloodyApril 1917.

From what I could gather it was the N11 and DH 2 that bested the Eindecker. The N17 should be superior to the DH 2 but inferior to the DIII. The DIII should better than anything until the West upgraded after BloodyApril 1917.

You musn't compare Nieuport 11 to Albatros DIII.

The N11 appears at the end of 1915 (C. Nungesser take his first N11, the 7th december 1915).

The N17 appears in may 1916.

The first Albatros DI arrive at the Jasta 2 in sept. 1916, the DIII appears in the begin of 1917 like N24.

The last Endeicker , the E.IV disapear in sept. 1916.

Edited by jossearbraz

You musn't compare Nieuport 11 to Albatros DIII.

The N11 appears at the end of 1915 (C. Nungesser take his first N11, the 7th december 1915).

The N17 appears in may 1916.

The first Albatros DI arrive at the Jasta 2 in sept. 1916, the DIII appears in the begin of 1917 like N24.

The last Endeicker , the E.IV disapear in sept. 1916.

Nowhere in my post did I compare the N11 to the DIII nor the N17 to the DIII for that matter. As stated the DIII was the better of anything in the air until the next round of upgrades during mid 1917...that would obviously include the N24. I couldn't find much on the DI and DII as they related to their contemporaries. The DI was unsatisfactory and the DII quickly replaced it. It seems it was like a game of checkers during the war. Move. Countermove. Advantages were lost as quickly as they were gained.

Nowhere in my post did I compare the N11 to the DIII nor the N17 to the DIII for that matter. As stated the DIII was the better of anything in the air until the next round of upgrades during mid 1917...that would obviously include the N24. I couldn't find much on the DI and DII as they related to their contemporaries. The DI was unsatisfactory and the DII quickly replaced it. It seems it was like a game of checkers during the war. Move. Countermove. Advantages were lost as quickly as they were gained.

I'm agree with you, TailSpin.

Upgrades of WWI fighters are very fast, and models like DII, DIII, N24, N25 and others are out after some months in first line.

BTW....Welcome to CombatACE, jossearbraz. Thanks for participating in our forums. :good:

Ok done some more work on it and this is where I stand atm...

AlbD3 > any of the N´s... with player pilots it would be tighter as now the N´s have problem finishing stuff off with their one gun and the AI doesnt use their good climb rate much at all...

N24 is more or less a upgraded N17... its basicly more or less same wing and tail package on them... N24 has bit better ailerons and elevators... rudder obviously identical... N24 does get more rudder authority out of the rudder...

N24 obviously beats N17 but it gets a good run for the money... after all the N24 wasnt that much better as it didnt get into large scale production....

N17 does beat DH2s but again bad aim of the AI and lack of vertical makes this fight more even then it should be...

N17s do win over N11s the margin is bigger then against the DH2s which makes it feel good enough for my taste.

Im most likely gonna submit my data files to EmlD and Monty tonight.

Tex

Exactly Tex, good compare :rolleyes:

Good job, for you N24. I like this model.

Edited by jossearbraz