Sign in to follow this  
Jug

Third Wire and VISTA

Has anybody done any testing with the new VISTA operating system? One of the biggest deals about VISTA is the abillity to attach a memory stick via a USB port and select use of that stick for an alternate location for the OS to use for extra space when it exceeds RAM capacity. XP uses the slower HD, but VISTA can use the much faster memory sticks instead. In and of itself, this seems to be a good reason to use VISTA, but has anyone found any difficulty with the Third Wire flight sim series and VISTA?

Has anybody done any testing with the new VISTA operating system? One of the biggest deals about VISTA is the abillity to attach a memory stick via a USB port and select use of that stick for an alternate location for the OS to use for extra space when it exceeds RAM capacity. XP uses the slower HD, but VISTA can use the much faster memory sticks instead. In and of itself, this seems to be a good reason to use VISTA, but has anyone found any difficulty with the Third Wire flight sim series and VISTA?

See this thread:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=17605&hl=

better to just add more system RAM

I've got Vista Ultimate on a new pc from Best Buy. I can only patch WOV up to version 7.XX etc. The latest 8.whatever patch causes the game to crash to desktop when you use ESC to exit mission. Otherwise, it seems to work fine.

That's been my experience so far.

I've got Vista Ultimate on a new pc from Best Buy. I can only patch WOV up to version 7.XX etc. The latest 8.whatever patch causes the game to crash to desktop when you use ESC to exit mission. Otherwise, it seems to work fine.

That's been my experience so far.

I can't get WOV to work at all but SFP1 has been running fine until I updated to version 8 somthing or other and I'm getting the same crash to desktop as you in WOV, is there any way to undo an update or do I have to uninstall everything and start over?