in a stock su-27_data.ini, you could not do anything close to a cobra.

Not quite. The stock Su-27 has a pretty high alpha rating and simply yanking back at the right speed will give you something close to it. Only problem is you'll stall it and you'll need to recover. It's not too dissimilar to the way the J-35 does it...

A cobra is nothing more than an inertia-aided high alpha stall, and recovery. It is useless in combat.

The maneuver that is useful, is known as the hook. That is accomplished during a pursuit, and utilizes the same principle as the cobra, but is normally executed n the horizontal plane. It allows the attacking pilot to momentarily pull lead on his target during a gun pass.

Sheesh, I like how all these self-proclaimed experts come out of the woodwork every time a models' released, and try to pick it apart, when they obviously haven't a clue. :rolleyes:

A cobra is nothing more than an inertia-aided high alpha stall, and recovery. It is useless in combat.

The maneuver that is useful, is known as the hook. That is accomplished during a pursuit, and utilizes the same principle as the cobra, but is normally executed n the horizontal plane. It allows the attacking pilot to momentarily pull lead on his target during a gun pass.

Sheesh, I like how all these self-proclaimed experts come out of the woodwork every time a models' released, and try to pick it apart, when they obviously haven't a clue. :rolleyes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kreelin and I are testing new file Pharaoh Phoenix did.

The new file allows more realistic maneuvers and Naja it is one.

I will include that in the Version 1.1 of Flanker.

Guest Sony Tuckson

:D, :D

Great news every body! Marcello is letting me release the SU-27 US! You can find it in the modern aircraft folder in the downloads section. go on and check it out!

You gotta screenshot?

Marcfighter, you are definitely one mean model making machine! Way to go man :smile:

Sure you got people to make that B-2 out of a model ,but not mine model..... :this:

beautiful targets for Flankers. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

B1Atest01.jpg

B2test4.jpg

Marcello I have a ton of pics and PDF's on the B1 if you want them.

beautiful targets for Flankers. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

B1Atest01.jpg

B2test4.jpg

Oh my goodness!! About time my favorite bomber got some screen time...

I've been having to use the F-111 instead...but you need 3 1/2 of them to equal one full bay drop in a Bone...

FastCargo

Oh my goodness!! About time my favorite bomber got some screen time...

I've been having to use the F-111 instead...but you need 3 1/2 of them to equal one full bay drop in a Bone...

FastCargo

those are beautiful models all it needs is anwsome realistic skin and an automatic bombing aid for automatic ground lock and some how to tweek in multiple target lock so we can hit multiple target . :clapping:

automatic bombing aid for automatic ground lock and some how to tweek in multiple target lock so we can hit multiple target . :clapping:

Not for me thanks. When I flew it, we did it old school style...radar offset and lay down a 'stick'. 84 Mark 82s or 30 CBUs will definitely get your attention...:).

FastCargo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kreelin and I are testing new file Pharaoh Phoenix did.

The new file allows more realistic maneuvers and Naja it is one.

I will include that in the Version 1.1 of Flanker.

okay.

hope you post it up in the dl section.

anybody else working on the flanker FM's?

Didn't I see and SU-34 in there too at one time. Man all this Su-27 goodness may make me a convert to Russian planes.....great work Marcelo

I would certainly recommend you in doing so, they are simply supreme, as these Flankers highlight quite clearly! I'm definitely looking forward to a release of this new set, I must say, I've really enjoyed Marc's previous Su-27 so if that's anything to go by, I'm sure I'll have some fun with these as well. :biggrin:

Yea I've certainly enjoyed terrorising U.S. Aircraft including F-15's, F-18's, F-16's, F-23's, F-4's, F-14's, and various bombers :diablo: But I prefer the fighters As I enjoy a good fight and love watching the F-15 and F-23 go down in flames and plunge into the earth!

• Like 1

yo marc!

any other flanker variants up and ready?

and is there a better (cobra maneuver capable) FM?

kreelin showed me his video of you flanker doing a cobra maneuver.

dunno what he did to it, but i sure hope he gets to share it on a later version/release of you flanker.

@Shin

I thing the cobra maneuver is something wich is, ehm a hardcoded thing, so it`s very difficult to perform it with the SF FM.. and allow me one question, for what do you need a cobra maneuver?

But you`re right!! we need more Flankers!!!!

You're getting confused. LOMAC is hardcoded, but with SF it's probably doable, I just never tried it yet, though kreelin posted his video.

Though I do agree, I would actually ask for an MKI, but without TVC support..

Yea I've certainly enjoyed terrorising U.S. Aircraft including F-15's, F-18's, F-16's, F-23's, F-4's, F-14's, and various bombers :diablo: But I prefer the fighters As I enjoy a good fight and love watching the F-15 and F-23 go down in flames and plunge into the earth!

:no: Thems fightin' words.... :no:

:grin:

Pride goeth before the fall....

A video of a scripted mission that I cooked up: Two Flankers go up against two Raptors....I was killed within a few seconds of entering the mission...I never saw it coming. Even under AI control, and with the heat signature set to a realistic "detectable" value, the Raptor model is extremely nasty.

Video: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...si&img=2777