Sign in to follow this  
Monty CZ

Nieuport N17 C1 add-on plane

Nieuport N17 C1 add-on plane

Nieuport N17 C1 for ThirdWires First Eagles The Great Air War 1918

This package contains new flyable Nieuport 17 C1 plane with cockpit

and 3 texture sets.

By TexMurphy & Monty CZ

I've downloaded and flown this aircraft. However, the roll rate seems unusually slow as well as other axis. Any help?

I've downloaded and flown this aircraft. However, the roll rate seems unusually slow as well as other axis. Any help?

I believe this plane has a Flight model by Peter01. IIRC his FMs (I use his package which covers many planes) are designed to be flown with the gameplay difficulty setting for Flight Models at 'Hard', not 'Normal'. Check you are not using 'Normal' FM setting.

Peter01's FM package is a must-have as some planes have FMs optimised for the Normal setting and don't fly right if the FM gameplay option is set to 'Hard' (which is realistic but not unrealistically difficult; if you look at the FE manual, 'Normal' is actually a 'relaxed' FM, not the most realistic one, so the 'Normal' label is a bit of a misnomer IMHO).

On a wider note, I'd recommend using 'Hard' for all settings; it's much more realistic but not much more difficult and it turns off many of the 'gamey' features. It is perfectly feasible and IMHO more fun, to fly FE without these features. In fact I've hand-edited out some 'gameplay aids' which the 'Hard' settings leave behind. I have no target designator box, no enemy (red) data readout, no enemy or friendly plane icons on the map, no waypoint or target cones in the 3d display, and it's still entirely possible to find your way about and fight effectively (the very effective padlock system helps a lot).