Sign in to follow this  

I recall reading about the blue screen of death after the mission would end while flying modern aircraft. I replaced my sound files like it said and everything has been fine. Lately, when I press Esc to end my mission it doesn't do anything, but have a blank screen, like it's thinking about going to the debrief, but doesn't. If I press enter or Esc again it kills the game and brings up my desktop. I've only noticed this when flying my F-14D or my FA-18A. It is frustrating after coming off of a good mission and not being able to check your stats. Anyone else have this issue??? I'd appreciate your help. :dntknw:

Because you need to change the engines sounds back to the original ones the sims come with, as the sim doesn't like the one that come with those planes. You said you replaced them? With what sounds?

[sound]

EngineSoundName=JetEngine

AfterburnerSoundName=JetBurner

Put this in the data.ini file and see if it works

Because you need to change the engines sounds back to the original ones the sims come with, as the sim doesn't like the one that come with those planes. You said you replaced them? With what sounds?

[sound]

Put this in the data.ini file and see if it works

I tried that and I still have the same issue. I included my whole sound file; hopefully you'll see something I don't. :dntknw:

WindSoundName=USNwind

StallSoundName=USNstall

DamagedEngineSound=USNovsp

FlapsSoundName=USNflaps

AirbrakesSoundName=Airbrakes

GearsSound=Gear

Change all that to the defaults sounds and you will be set.

Change all that to the defaults sounds and you will be set.

That worked great for all of my aircraft. Nice to see your stats when finished. Thanks a bunch. :good: