Sign in to follow this  
cgold

The Reds are coming!

:cool: Are the Russians really let the US run them over in SFp1? The Soviets are working mostly on 60's and 70's aircraft. Mostly. The are the few exceptions where there is the Su-17, Su-27, MiG-29, and MiG-27. Are there MiG-31's, Su-30's, 33's, 35's, 24's 25's, and 37's coming out ? The Russians better pick it up, or the Middle East will be quieter than it should be.

List of flyable MiGs:

MiG-15bis

MiG-17

MiG-19

MiG-21 (lots of them)

MiG-23 (also quite a few)

MiG-25 (ditto)

MiG-27 and 27D

MiG-29A and G (E German A model)

So we're basically only missing the 31, which historically speaking has done the least of any MiG ever to enter production. :)

For Sukhoi:

Su-7 (variants)

Su-9 (variants)

Su-11

Su-15 (variants)

Su-17

Su-27 (just released)

Hardly a small selection.

Of the missing Su's, the 24 and 25 are important planes, but as dedicated ground attack didn't get the priority the AA planes get.

As for the Flanker variants 30, 33, 35, and 37, the last 2 don't count (not in service) and the first 1 is coming in a couple of variants. The 33 is also coming.

Edited by Jedi Master

List of flyable MiGs:

MiG-15bis

MiG-17

MiG-19

MiG-21 (lots of them)

MiG-23 (also quite a few)

MiG-25 (ditto)

MiG-27 and 27D

MiG-29A and G (E German A model)

So we're basically only missing the 31, which historically speaking has done the least of any MiG ever to enter production. :)

For Sukhoi:

Su-7 (variants)

Su-9 (variants)

Su-11

Su-15 (variants)

Su-17

Su-27 (just released)

Hardly a small selection.

Of the missing Su's, the 24 and 25 are important planes, but as dedicated ground attack didn't get the priority the AA planes get.

As for the Flanker variants 30, 33, 35, and 37, the last 2 don't count (not in service) and the first 1 is coming in a couple of variants. The 33 is also coming.

you missed the Mig-29C also out. With a better one in the works and also an Su-22 and 24 in the works.

Damn that is a good list JM of Russian planes.

Hope we'll see a better MiG-17 with proper cockpit and FM someday. That bird deserves some love :(

The MiG-17's cockpit was a WIP some time ago. Unfortunately, the dev who was working on it dropped off the radar screen over a year ago. In as far as a more realistic FM for the '17F, there is one, and it's hosted here. You'll just have to find it :biggrin:

As for the Flanker variants 30, 33, 35, and 37, the last 2 don't count (not in service)...

Actually, there are something like 15 Su-35 in service with the VVS...

There's a MiG-29C? I don't appear to have it...where is it available?

The Su-22 is nothing more than an Su-17 on steroids, but I eagerly await more Fitters, as well as the Fencer.

I also left out other planes like the La-9 and 15, the Chinese copies and native planes such as the J-8II, and Yaks.

Now, for the planes I'd like to see more of--Soviet/Russian bombers! We of course have the Tu-22 Blinder, Tu-16 Badger, and Tu-4 Bull.

We could use a Tu-22M Backfire, Tu-95 or 142 Bear, Tu-160 (and the B-1B to go with that :) ), Myasishchev 'Bison', etc...

Ah, found it. Only came out a month ago, I guess that's how I missed it. ;)

Ah, found it. Only came out a month ago, I guess that's how I missed it. ;)

tell me how you like it.

more coming.....