Interesting......that Tiger Meet paint could look pretty cool while in Battloid mode....

I enjoy the Navy squadrons on there too, the Tophatters in particuliar.

Guest Saganuay82

Yeah, thats what I mean, amazing stuff back then, just kinda not so hot now. I watched some of the first few DVDs while I was out at sea last time. Still can't stand Minmei and where does Rick put his hair when he puts his helmet on? No barbers in the future?

There won't be any worry about the durability of running the Gerwalk through most of these buildings since they don't really exist. Now if you run into a hangar or a comm building, thats a different story.

Thinking about fantasy aircraft and stuff. What about the old Flash Gordon? Those rocket ships? Didn't the newer Flash Gordon movie have some kinda bird planes in it? That Eagle that Capun made would work there. :)

I believe it can be made too(with the exception of battroid mode) but we don't have the so-called over-tech to make them strong enough to withstand all the punishment from flying though buildings and obstacles and stuff.

The battroid mode can be accomplished but it would require redirecting alot of vital systems and also alot of time to train pilots to get use to the control scheme of goig from a fighter to a Mech. I remember 10 years ago when I was 8 I first watched the Robotech anime series on cartoon network (Shutters) I was drawn in and watched it to the last episode! I recently rewatched it and found out that they cut a lot of stuf out to make it "kid friendly" But I still love the series and glad that I can find it on youtube!

Most probably you'll see a lot of new WOE sales to masses of Robotech and Macross fans dying for a chance to fly the VF-1 in combat sim.

Macross comunity is big.. very big... and I never see a game based on macross saga for PC! Perhaps TK can be make a new engine for a game based on macross saga, a engine that can support space combat, gerwalk and batteroid mode, new animations, new weapons and a history to play in single player.

My favorite is macross zero ! I love those sv-51 specially fighting against older f-14... JAJA too easy, no?

Macross comunity is big.. very big... and I never see a game based on macross saga for PC! Perhaps TK can be make a new engine for a game based on macross saga, a engine that can support space combat, gerwalk and batteroid mode, new animations, new weapons and a history to play in single player.

My favorite is macross zero ! I love those sv-51 specially fighting against older f-14... JAJA too easy, no?

I dunno what TK might think but perhaps someday. There have been several macross games for the pc but there are all for the japanese market and wouldnt run well on non-japanese pc's.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/games/...ft_software.htm

The best macross game out there is the Sega AM2 Macross title for the PS2..see the screenies below and you'll see why. Its in Japanese but all menus in english with storyline taken out of the series/movie.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/games/...t_homevideo.htm

http://www.opensenses.com/games/choujikyuu...-macross-review

Too bad we'll probably never see a proper english macross game :rolleyes:

Edited by kazamashin

One of the problems with an English version or comeplely new full bore Macross/Robotech game is the byzantine licensing rights of the various parts of the franchise(s). Harmony Gold has sued people before (FASA and Battletech immediately comes to mind) and would probably do it again if someone came out with a Macross game without their getting their cut. They make the Tolkein estate look like downright pushovers when it comes to intellectial property rights too...

Not that that would or should stop any mods for games, that's all fine, but I highly doubt we'll ever see an English language dedicated Veritech sim or anything anytime soon.

And yes, now I do feel very geeky. :rofl:

I know i am happy to just be able to fly and shot in a Macross series variable fighter..even without battroid or gerwalk modes.

There are plenty of cool valkyries out there like the sleek VF-11/5000, the F-117 like VF-17, A-6-like VA-3 or the monstrous VB-6. You can also add all the non transforming vehicles from the series like the Catseye AWACS, Commanchero gunship or the Dragon fighter jet.

One of the problems with an English version or comeplely new full bore Macross/Robotech game is the byzantine licensing rights of the various parts of the franchise(s). Harmony Gold has sued people before (FASA and Battletech immediately comes to mind) and would probably do it again if someone came out with a Macross game without their getting their cut. They make the Tolkein estate look like downright pushovers when it comes to intellectial property rights too...

Not that that would or should stop any mods for games, that's all fine, but I highly doubt we'll ever see an English language dedicated Veritech sim or anything anytime soon.

And yes, now I do feel very geeky. :rofl:

If I recall, HG wasn't the only people to sue FASA over Battletech. The original edition of Battletech had quite a few mechs that were borrowed from other series. Harmony Gold was perfectly within their rights to sue FASA over that. They plainly and simply stole the Valkyries appearance and called it a "Stinger - Light Mech"

Any news on the appearance of this plane for us poor players? And there will be an VF111 skins (I need it for a weird project needeing a series of good screenshots)

Hello everybody! I must say I'll soon join the ranks of Wings over Europe and was amazed to find such cool addons for it like the Valkyrie fighters... I sure hope they will be soon!! Looks amazing so far!!! :good:

This looks very interesting, I never watched the original Macross/Robotech series, i've only watched Macross Zero and Macross Plus (which both do have some interesting aircraft), still looking forward to flying this, looks like cool plane. :good:

I think I'll do a Minmei nose art for mine... :rofl:

ducks and runs.....

Although, I always had a thing for Miria....

Wonder how the SDF-1 could be used as a carrier...after all the 'arms' were. Internal landing bays, ala Galactica?

Wrench

kevin stein

whats happened now to this one?

can i have a soft release?

please?

i love macross zero.

i hope i can fo that to zap some t-72s

how bout modding the gun pod Alreafy on the arms, like on the side of the fuselage in fighter mode?

is full battroid control possible?

like pointing the gun pof with the head direction(mouse?)

foot control similar to FPS games?

This mod is on hold (as for me), for now. Until TK resolve some issues with x64 max and vista.

I hear you ther Fox Monter. Does anyting work fine with vista?

Only software made for vista or patched for vista. And I have 64 version of vista... that need another drivers to.

But generally I'm happy with vista... is nice!

you are my god! Are this model playable???

When are you going to upload it :biggrin: ???

you are my god! Are this model playable???

When are you going to upload it :biggrin: ???

I agree this needs to be in the game!!!

He can't do anything with them right now because the exporter for 3ds Max doesn't work with the 64-bit version that he has.

OMG!!!! I wasn´t expecting to see this in an engine like FP1-WoV-WoE-WoI... I´ve read the other thread, related to VF1 Fighters, but this GERWALK config is just an amazing surprise. Congrats Foxmonter, you`re a very talented and skillfull modder!!

However, theres is an important detail in these GERWALK pics: the smoke expelled from the thrusters, cause I think that the combustion that pushes the VF´s Mechs is not fosil, and second, the propulsion flames are suposed to come always from the VF thrusters, and they are in the GERWALK config in the feet.

About the gunpod, I think that you can maybe build an "invisible" object without skin and without phisics, that maybe could work as a rail, so that the gunpod can go from the fuselage to the hand, and backwards, at the time the transformation is done.

I can´t wait to download your VF`s modds!!! :worship:

Greetings,

MF.

P.D.: About Minmays voices, Mari Iijima`s japanese performance it´s outstanding, she has a beautifull voice. :clapping:

Reba West, however, and after a lot of listenings, is a lil bit annoying, that´s true... :whistling:

IT'S GREAT!!!

I'll definitely put it in my aircraft folder...

Oh, and I think I've seen an SV-51 thread somewhere in this forum. It would be nice to pair both of 'em face-to-face, heh heh...

Check the images.

img00001.jpg

img00002.jpg

img00003.jpg

img00005.jpg

img00012-1.jpg

img00022.jpg

img00025.jpg

img00024.jpg

First. I need to re-map the arms and hands.

One problem to fix, is the position of the Gunpod. I think there is no way to put in the right hand..? The gunpod, is an external weapon.

For now I made the animation into the bomb bay anim.

I think to animate only the legs into the vector thrust animation. And no arms animation to avoid the incorrect position of the gunpod.

If anyone got ideas for the gunpod, welcome!, and thanks!

Cheers

PERFET! THIS IS EXACLY HOW I THAUGHT IT SHOULD WORK :clapping: one question, are the legs like harrier engines, or do they sweep like f-14 wings and airplane canopies?