Sign in to follow this  
SH71

Lafayette Escadrille Nieuport 17 Skins

Just uploaded 8 Lafayette Escadrille Nieuport 17 skins to CA.

Thanks go out to MontyCZ and TexMurphy for the N17.

1-1.jpg

Whiskey says thanks too. :biggrin:

luf-1.jpg

pars.jpg

Nice work

Have you tried creating a skin set for the whole squadron? It might require a bit of fiddling around with decals (squadron emblem, side stripe, number code, top stripes, rudder number) to coordinate them so the right combination shows up for the right aircraft but its possible.

LloydNB

Nice work

Have you tried creating a skin set for the whole squadron? It might require a bit of fiddling around with decals (squadron emblem, side stripe, number code, top stripes, rudder number) to coordinate them so the right combination shows up for the right aircraft but its possible.

LloydNB

I'm pretty much a novice with the decals, it takes a bit of work to get some of the decals so they dont look like they are just 'pasted on'- I only started looking into decal-making with these skins. I did use decals for the Indian logo and some of the serial numbers but using decals for the other markings seemed a bit daunting at the time.

SH71

Fantastic Work on those Nieuport 17 skins :clapping: They look great. I did alter your Lafayette Esc skin to add Squadron decal numbers for the whole squadron. I used the Black numbers that came with the Nieuport 17 in the D Folder. What color were the real Lafayette Escadrille Squadron numbers?

Thanks again for doing all these great skins :biggrin:

Edward

SH71

Fantastic Work on those Nieuport 17 skins :clapping: They look great. I did alter your Lafayette Esc skin to add Squadron decal numbers for the whole squadron. I used the Black numbers that came with the Nieuport 17 in the D Folder. What color were the real Lafayette Escadrille Squadron numbers?

Thanks again for doing all these great skins :biggrin:

Edward

Thanks Edward (nice terrain work by the way :good:) The Lafayette Esc. did not use Squadron numbers, preferring to use personal markings. The Nieuport 11s they started with were usually marked with the initials of the pilot's name. Thaw continued this practice throughout the Escadrille's existence, the other pilots varied their markings with each new plane.