Sign in to follow this  
spadman

tech help for bouncing to desktop

I just downloaded this game today because of all the posters on this forum but when I installed the game once I go into the game and click on fly or instant action I am booted out to the desktop.

Anyone have any ideas.

I have looked around but have not seen the same problem.

If this is not the place for this post just let me know.

I sure would like to try out this game tonight.

Thanks

Mike

whats your system specs and driver versions?and DX version?all these could cause you problems.and if you're running vista hang on because it's not going to run on vista isn't set up for it.

whats your system specs and driver versions?and DX version?all these could cause you problems.and if you're running vista hang on because it's not going to run on vista isn't set up for it.

It is an Windows XP HP laptop

AMD Turion 64X2 1.6 GHZ

1Gig of RAM

DirectX 9.0c

NVIDIA geforce GO 6150 (shared memory) version 6.14.0010.8622

you must have d3dx9_30 in your windows

if you don't have game with patch don' work :crazy:

you find it at

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_30 :biggrin:

sorry i have a poor english :haha:

I have to change a DLL in a windows computer? That worries me. I dont like to mess around with dll files. Is this just a directx install or something that I can trust in more?

Mike

Yes its a download form MS and its just a current update to Direct X 9c.

Alot of times there are upgrades to the DL and its not a version change. I usually hi there every few months to DL again to grab small changes they do.

If thats the problem, which it has been for alot of new players, you should get a pop up window when you get dumped to the desktop with the error he described above.

Another thing that can DTD is calling up a plane skin thats not available. I have heard of that one as well.

If your still getting errors just post what error is saying and im sure one of us can help you 8)

DOWNLOAD AND PUT d3dx9_30 IN WINDOWS SYSTEME32

OR INSTALL THE LAST DIRET X 9C FROM MICROSOFT :haha:

DOWNLOAD AND PUT d3dx9_30 IN WINDOWS SYSTEME32

OR INSTALL THE LAST DIRET X 9C FROM MICROSOFT :haha:

that worked just as you guys said it would. Thanks very much. Now on to war. Although being new to flight sims I will probably in Flames a lot. :biggrin:

Well with patch 2 out, its a real possibility of going down in flames nowdays 8)

Well with patch 2 out, its a real possibility of going down in flames nowdays 8)

I did notice some guys saying the game is a little tougher because the AI uses its rudder but I have not installed the patch yet. Figure I can get used to the mechanics of the game before I make it harder on myself.

Mike

LOL I'm getting slaughtered by Archie. Ok guys you were right about better AAA with patch2 ! Time to employ a little more care I think.