Is it possible to get target info (such as target description, distance, altitude, and speed) with the use of Avionics 70? Also, can Avionics 70 also give TTI (time to impact) info as well for the missiles that you've fired?

I don't think you can get TTI but it does tell you speed, altitude etc.

Yeah I know, but I was wondering if it's possible to get a real world setup with the radar to display the target's airframe or if it's friendly or hostile. I know on the F-14 radar, it has different symbols for what friendly, neutral, hostile, etc... Now if we get an F-35 here, we'll be in some serious trouble because of how high-tech the hud is for that aircraft (it has actuall arrows that point the direction to where your target is, and it has 360 deg targeting). Have there also been any updates to the aircrafts here so that laser targeting, and programmed GPS targeting can be used for bombs? I noticed that they're using CCIP now. Was just wondering if anything else has been tinkered with the use of Avionics 70. Now if the mouse could be used to push buttons on the 3D cockpit we'd be really styling now. Wonder if anybody thought of adding a light relfection effect so that you can see targets far away as the sunlight reflects off of the aircraft.

Oh by the way, I'm back from Iraq.

Edited by serverandenforcer

You can use LGB's. No GPS. No push button cockpits (useless IMHO). No target IFF that I know off for each type of target. But there is a Air Combat mode. But there is not advanced features like the F-35. You are getting beyond the scope of the sim.

IFF works, as do directional indicators for both enemy and friendly aircarft icons. Try the Su-27.

Hey USAFMTL, I noticed while playing a few minutes ago, that there is a key that quickly identifies what you have targeted. I was wondering if that can be manipulated to be displayed on the radar screen. Also, since the game can recognize what countries are hostile to each other, I would think that that same recognition can be maniuplated to be displayed as certain symbold on specific aircraft radars. I don't know how to program, and I don't know if this stuff that Im talking about that's already in the game is hard coded. Maybe there's someone here that might know.

I know you can make good and bad guy symbols but that is the extent. All those others things would be up to TK.

Yeah I know, but I was wondering if it's possible to get a real world setup with the radar to display the target's airframe or if it's friendly or hostile. I know on the F-14 radar, it has different symbols for what friendly, neutral, hostile, etc... Now if we get an F-35 here, we'll be in some serious trouble because of how high-tech the hud is for that aircraft (it has actuall arrows that point the direction to where your target is, and it has 360 deg targeting). Have there also been any updates to the aircrafts here so that laser targeting, and programmed GPS targeting can be used for bombs? I noticed that they're using CCIP now. Was just wondering if anything else has been tinkered with the use of Avionics 70. Now if the mouse could be used to push buttons on the 3D cockpit we'd be really styling now. Wonder if anybody thought of adding a light relfection effect so that you can see targets far away as the sunlight reflects off of the aircraft.

welcome home and thanks proud were the ones fighting this one -D-

Welcome home and thanks for a job well done.