Sign in to follow this  
Guest Saganuay82

Search button suggestion

Guest Saganuay82

When ever possible as I do in most places I will run a search and try to find it first. What I find here is I can select the SFP1 / WOV / WOE section and click on "New Posts" and it will only show the new posts in that forum.

Now when I try the same thing with search, it gives me an error. I select a subsection in the forum and click search, all kinds of hits.

Now why is it doing that and can it be changed?

Hi -

Yes this is on my hit list too. The problem is that the category itself SF/WOV/WOE doesn't have any topics in it, so the search comes back blank. The category SF/WOV/WOE does have subcategories and those have topics so searching those gives results. You'd think that selecting a top level category like SF/WOV/WOE would do a recursive search in the subcategories but it doesn't. It's been filed as a bug with IPB, we'll see what comes of it.

Erik

Guest Saganuay82

OK thanks.