This sim would sure be cool if there was an Avro Arrow in it. Anyone up to the challenge?

But it would fit nicely into the time frame of the game, and besides the Arrow was so much more advanced then the aircarft of the time.

Hey is that made by Plymouth?????

LOL Sorry Lake could not resist...

Good thread to spread your Save the Avro Propaganda! Whatcha waiting on!

Cheers

Beer

While we're on the subject of extremely advanced cancelled 1960s British Commonwealth combat aircraft...a BAC TSR.2 would be cool to see in Strike Fighters.

Guest Ranger332

Arrow_landing.JPG

roflol must be very advanced to land on water lol

Guest Ranger332
Having the Arrow in your game,would be unfair to the other planes that are in SFP1. The Arrow in 1959 was more advanced (Faster ect.) then what is now in the game.

Arrow_Boat.JPG

Lakletrout_195th

http://www.195thblacksheep.com/BlackSheep.html

TEAMWORK AND TACTICS WILL STILL WIN OUT IF PROPERLY APPLIED.

I for one would love to see Black Friday changed so the Arrow could fly again. I thought from what I have seen in the threads that making a delta wing aircraft work is not easy. There are alot of great mod makers out there! So Maybe one day.........

That fatefull day in 1959 is repeating it's self.

I was contacted in Jan2003 with information that Boeing the owner of the A.V.Roe has applied for demolation permits. I started a Email campain, got some help from the local towns heritage minister and the Mayor,they in turn stopped the issuing of the permits.

We are now in the 11th hour and need help.

Our mandate is to save all or part of the plant. It's tht birthplace of the Arrow,the first jetliner in north america and the fly saucer.

Our plans for the site is to set up a national flight heritage museum, have the Toronto Areospace Museum move in with there soon to be complete Full Scale Avro Arrow as the showcase piece!

AAGBanner.gif

There is a petition on our site http://www.195thblacksheep.com/smilie_flag...gge17.gif[/img]

There is also a survey on the main page,please take the time and help us out.

Brian Cuthbertson

President

Avro Advocacy Group

Thanks ODB_Beer I do go brain dead from time to time.

laketrout - I am sort of caught up about the arrow saga. Ever since watching the CBC program I could not get enough information,books pictures,etc. There is a new book with updated classified documents to be released any day now. It is called REQUIEM FOR A Giant by Palmiro Campagna. I already e-mailed a petition to our goverment and received the reply the property does not belong to them etc. Our loss was the worlds gain. NASA was the one group who really won the lottery. In a game like SF it would be really something to see the arrow fly again.

For me it's been 40 years hearing of a Dream Denied.

Yes it would be a good fit but i promised the designer of the Arrow I would only use it in USAF.

Although you could contact him and ask if he would make one for you, I guess he would need the game. I have a SFP1 cd that I would be willing to part with.

His URL http://www.mach3graphics.com/

other URL's you might find interesting Arrow message board http://www3.sympatico.ca/mkostiuk/arrow.html

1 of the regulars is Randall Whitcomb author of "Avro Arrow and Cold war Avaition"

Also the Arrow store http://www.avroarrow.org/Store/itmidx1.htm

You will find the book you were talking about on sale now!

Laketrout_195th

http://www.195thblacksheep.com/BlackSheep.html

Ps. The Arrow landing on the water thats what happenes when there is to many objects in the game. The game code has been broken so it's being fixed in the next release Super Pro 9.2 for USAF

laketrout - request has been sent, book is on order. Thanks for the info

No problem Sir. Glad I could help. Theres a post on the Arrow message board,concerning a release of a cd with Avro and Arrow songs on it.

Also I could set you up with a USAF cd's ( burnt Copy )and the super Pro 9 a rewrite of USAF containing the Avro Arrow.

arrow_s.JPG

laketrout - Yes!!! I am intrested in any chance to have an Arrow in a game. How do you want to hook up. I could send you one of my e-mail address or whatever works for you. Thanks

laketrout -My e-mail is on the way. Thanks Again!

I've replyed to your Email.

i'm waiting on the USAF cd to come from my xo.

You might find this interesting, my friend randall Whithcomb has opened up a new website. With some VERY interesting Arrow stuff .

laketrout - Could you point me to the new Arrow web site. I went to your web site and could not find it. Thanks

Nice site worth keeping an eye on. When I was looking at the site one of my kids asked why I was so hung up on the Arrow. I explained to him about how this one plane could have rewritten history for our country. I went on about how NASA ended up with some of the top engineers leading to help put man on the moon. He told me lets watch the Arrow move on the weekend. Its nice to pass our history along. We can only hope to learn by the mistakes of the past.

Great to here that.

My late father told me about the Arrow 40 years ago,it's been my passion ever since.

BUT we don't seem to learn from our mistakes.

This was left on my Avro Arrow guest book.

===============================================

Wayne Hamlyn Sunday, 3/9/03, 6:35 PM

Nice site and pictures. I grew up in Rexdale close to The Avro and Orenda plants and can remember when we used to drive by and see the planes. I remember Black Friday like it was yesterday, as a lot of my friends fathers lost their jobs. I worked in the old Avro plant after Douglas Aircraft took it over as a toolmaker in Bay 1,2,3, toolroom, Farnham mills and D3 on the DC9 and DC10 projects. A sad day and a great loss for the aircraft industry in Canada; all caused by political nonsense. History is now repeating itself in British Columbia with the present Liberal government (March 2003) shutting down the "Fast Cat" ferry construction, laying everybody off and auctioning everything. Like the Arrow the first 3 Fast Cats were in operation carrying vehicles and passengers for the BC Ferry Corp. when the government shut it down. Another great loss for Canada in the transportation field. I'm sure we could have been the best in the world in high speed aluminum cataraman ferries but as usual the governments in power take their orders from "up above" making sure Canadians are kept in their place. Am I bitter about all this. You bet I am. Keep up the good work, we can't forget our history