Sign in to follow this  

i have problems turning in this jet(F-5E of ROC taiwan)

I lose altitude and i bleed 80% of my airspeed.

can anyone give me a fix on this?

I use the same model. What kind of turn are you performing? Is it a level, bank away? A high speed bank up/down? Are you climbing, diving etc? What exactly are you doing when this happens?

I use the same model. What kind of turn are you performing? Is it a level, bank away? A high speed bank up/down? Are you climbing, diving etc? What exactly are you doing when this happens?

i already have learned the importance of the turn called "Slice"

in the f-16 and other aircraft, this maneuver has no problems. but in an f-5 i lose everything.

a slice 180 turn means to climb then perform a slight dive whilst executing a tight 180 turn.

the surprising thing is, when my eyes is set on my target, i dont often see that ive lost altitude that i'm about to crash.

is the f-5 FM realistic?

I wouldn’t run around the boards questioning whether the FM is realistic. You have to remember the F-5E’s performance is broadly comparable with a MiG-21. It is also abit underpowered so don’t expect it to do an F-16.

the surprising thing is, when my eyes is set on my target, i dont often see that ive lost altitude that i'm about to crash.

that's called target fixation - a very real threat in real life.

that's called target fixation - a very real threat in real life.

There are a few mountains in my VirtualVietnam with scortched craters that'll attest to that... :blush:

I wouldn't run around the boards questioning whether the FM is realistic. You have to remember the F-5E's performance is broadly comparable with a MiG-21. It is also abit underpowered so don't expect it to do an F-16.

if the flight model of the f-5 is equal to the mig-21,

then why am i able to execute the "slice" with no problems?

the 21 doesnt lose so much alt when i turn pulling more than 6 g's(balckout set to easy.)

but the f-5 does......

and when i do a 45 degrees climb, the thing stalls in less than 20 seconds.

(from 450 kts level+fullburners)

if the flight model of the f-5 is equal to the mig-21,

then why am i able to execute the "slice" with no problems?

the 21 doesnt lose so much alt when i turn pulling more than 6 g's(balckout set to easy.)

but the f-5 does......

and when i do a 45 degrees climb, the thing stalls in less than 20 seconds.

(from 450 kts level+fullburners)

I said [you are getting a godly machine. u]comparable[/u], not equal. Which MiG-21 FM are you using ? Try the modified MF or F-13 (w/ cockpit) because the default thirdwire FM isnt very realistic.