Does anybody here play SF/WOV/WOE online? I haven't found anybody through gamespy. Would be cool if combatace would have a section here to setup multiplayer games to play against/with each other including with mods since it seems that everyone who has the SF/WOV/WOE comes to this site.

There is a program called HyperLobby which allows MP of WOV/SF.. and the only way through WOE if I remember correctly is you have to talk to them through some sort of program Teamspeak/Ventrilo/etc etc... find out their IP and have them host a game, then try and direct-connect using the in-game MP interface.. (not for sure, just my guess from what I read somewhere).

I have played WOV online a few times, but since 99% when I get on nobody else is on, I just play SP all the time playing around the aircraft and sometimes doing campaigns.

I literally spent years trying to rally people to play SFP1, WOV, and WOE online.

For quite sometime I left a dogfight server up at Hyperlobby for SFP1, WOV, and finally a merged WOE/WOV install.

Traffic was too low and real life has prevented me from playing very much myself for a couple of years now, so I shut my server down.

Multiplayer works and is very rewarding compared to fighting against AI, yet it never caught on with this sim series for various reasons.

It doesn't help that TK/Third Wire has low to no interest in refining/improving MP features.

I hope this series stays around long enough that TK finally gets around to expanding MP features to attract a multiplayer crowd.

Yeah, I've been talking individually to folks for a dust up but for me, it's just timing (and it doesn't help that I live all the way up here on the top of the world, in a different timezone, ruling you all with my iron fist! It gets time consuming :)

Only other problem that it gets unstable sometime if everyone doesn't have EXACTLY the same install. ie, same aircraft, same sounds, same skins etc as opposed to other games when someone doesn't have something, it won't show up in the menus etc. I'd be interested in some MP action, moreso since the Flanker's been released and more that are impending because now I'll be able to get my furball on and give you some of this! :threaten:

and some of this! :aggressive:

then I'll hit you with some of this :black eye:

Forget your shock :shok: & awe :huh::blink:

Flankers baby!! :bb:

In all seriousness, I'd love some co-op but I hear, like most other games, it's pretty much been overlooked in this series. Is this true?

Well, is it possible to setup some kind of a site (maybe here) for multiplayer rooms, and that whatever version of the game that the host is playing, it can be downloaded as a seperate permanent/temporary install for the guest so that way people are playing on the same versions of the game? Of course, you'll need the correct CD to play it on.

Yeah, I've been talking individually to folks for a dust up but for me, it's just timing (and it doesn't help that I live all the way up here on the top of the world, in a different timezone, ruling you all with my iron fist! It gets time consuming :)

Only other problem that it gets unstable sometime if everyone doesn't have EXACTLY the same install. ie, same aircraft, same sounds, same skins etc as opposed to other games when someone doesn't have something, it won't show up in the menus etc. I'd be interested in some MP action, moreso since the Flanker's been released and more that are impending because now I'll be able to get my furball on and give you some of this! :threaten:

and some of this! :aggressive:

then I'll hit you with some of this :black eye:

Forget your shock :shok: & awe :huh::blink:

Flankers baby!! :bb:

In all seriousness, I'd love some co-op but I hear, like most other games, it's pretty much been overlooked in this series. Is this true?

If I may join in...maybe a special campaign for players with an interesting scenario that goes to the heart of some serious matters (YAP realism comes to mind) like can a country with larger numbers of lower capacity aircraft overwhelm a country with fewer high-capacity aircraft.

Wouldn't I love to get in that furball with Flankers against F-22s.

The campaign would probably be an extension of WoE, SFP1 Korea conflict, or say an US/Taiwan/China slugout (Isn't there already a Taiwan 1950's scenario already out there). The campaign would have to include an install that requires a clean WoE install properly patched with the most current patches and add all add-ons required for the campaign installed for the user. User would not be allowed to modify from that point. The campaign could be modified, but not by the user.

User would have some sort of program flag marked if he/she attempted to enter the online fight with something other than the default install. It could be handled, but then again, we would need players and a weekend schedule to match the worldwide participation in this sim.

TK, if you read this stuff, do you have any suggestions?

Edited by Jug

Kind of like how Command and Conquer:Tiberian Sun/Firestorm had this online play called "World Domination Tour"..

Where basically anyone who joined in was automatically thrown into an area of conflict to battle it out and whichever side one took over that area and progressed further into enemy territory. Not sure what happens when you win that country though, I think either you just move on to next territory or they had it set up where online players only fought in their specific country.

Anyway a Co-op feature like that would be just crazy and exciting, but most definitely fun.

I've played a fair amount of MP with FE, WOV/E, and SFP1 (Korean War Mod) and it's loads of fun!

The key is finding a gaming community that plays them.

Check out www.taw.net (Simulator and Strategy Division) - we fly the IL-2 series as well as all of the Third-Wire Sims.

Feel free to email me at taw.audie@gmail.com if you have any questions :yes:

P.S. Dagger flys with us, at least that's what he calls it :rofl:

We have a Teamspeak server that you can access by simply clicking 'home' at the top left of this forum and then look at the very bottom of the webpage. I've been playing Combat Flight Simulator 2 on the CFS2 Flight Deck Ventrilo server http://groups.msn.com/TheCFS2FlightDeck and what we do is simply: whoever wants to host displays his IP adress in the 'comment' feature. We could do something similar w/ TS by using chat.

Well what we ought to do, is someone or all of us can set up a list of "mods, add-on a/c, effects, sounds, etc etc."... for everyone to download and set up. That is if we can use 3rd party addons in MP. And everyone should make a clean install of whichever game we choose to use as our MP game (WoV or WoE is all I have)..

And then everyone can just run MP off of that install of the game with mods.. while still keeping your original install intact.. (just remember to change the WOV.exe or WOE.exe to something different like WOE MP.exe or WOV MP.exe

Well what we ought to do, is someone or all of us can set up a list of "mods, add-on a/c, effects, sounds, etc etc."... for everyone to download and set up. That is if we can use 3rd party addons in MP. And everyone should make a clean install of whichever game we choose to use as our MP game (WoV or WoE is all I have)..

And then everyone can just run MP off of that install of the game with mods.. while still keeping your original install intact.. (just remember to change the WOV.exe or WOE.exe to something different like WOE MP.exe or WOV MP.exe

Hi gang...Sounds promising...I have played alot of WOE and SFP1-Gold...I'd be keen for MP it's just knowing when and how...I think there are plenty of us its just that its not that well known or easy to find...I like team formation stuff mostly but i'll have a go at anything...I work away for two weeks at a time but am bak for a full week of my own each time so while limited i could still lend plenty of support..Cant help much on the hardware side i'm affraid..(dunno that much :) ) but count me in on the numbers. Lets make it happen...Even getting a couple squadrons together would be cool. WOV doesnt seem availabl here in Australia.