Sign in to follow this  
Laton

Fokker D.VIII Released

Hi Guys,

Loading to ComabtAce now so she should be available soon.

Fokker D.VIII

Model & FM by me

Skins by v. Deutschmark (with more availabe at CA)

Comes with 3 schemes:

Stock

D8stock.jpg

Jasta 2

D8J2.jpg

Jasta 6

D8J6.jpg

A big thanks to v. Deutschmark, not only for his excellent skins but for being my unofficial quality tester.

Have fun!

Edited by Laton

Just try and stop us ! Nice one Laton.

Been waiting for this for a while and its worth the wait, Super job Laton, just took her out for a sortie, took down several SE5's no problem!

Seems highly agile and very manouverable (does this tie in with actual reports of the aircraft as they had a number of wing failures?) you get the real feel of that single wing and that it does not give the same amount of lift as a biplane.

Are the rates of climb etc...in the DVIII modelled this way, how does it compare to say a DVII??

Jasta15

Hi guys...

Fantastic Job Laton..Another one off my wish list!! A real pleasure to fly and Von Deutchs skins are totally excellent..well done chaps...;0)

best wishes...

Rab ;0)

Fife

Scotland

Been waiting for this for a while and its worth the wait, Super job Laton, just took her out for a sortie, took down several SE5's no problem!

Seems highly agile and very manouverable (does this tie in with actual reports of the aircraft as they had a number of wing failures?) you get the real feel of that single wing and that it does not give the same amount of lift as a biplane.

Are the rates of climb etc...in the DVIII modelled this way, how does it compare to say a DVII??

Jasta15

Jasta15

Three of the the first six Fokkers delivered to the front lines crashed due to wing failures. Two lines of explanation are given. One was a mandated redesign of the rear wing spar support that caused a failure when the front spar flexed under load and the stiffened rear spar did not. The other reason was attributed to poor materials and quality control by the contractor who built the wings. Regardless these problems were apparently corrected and the remaining DVIIIs shipped to the front were OK. One source reported the DVIII was more manoeverable than the DVII. However it arrived too late to really prove itself in combat.

Three of the the first six Fokkers delivered to the front lines crashed due to wing failures.

Was one of them flown by the guy who got The Blue Max on the same day? :wink::biggrin:

Update: D8 flies nice... But for some reason sometimes it starts to wag its tail when I don't touch rudder.

Available since 1917??

One more thing - I noticed that this plane needs only a couple of hits to destroy N.17. That was the first time I flew against N.17 so maybe they are generally fragile...

Edited by Gr.Viper

(S!) ALL hi ;-)

From Gr Viper,

(Was one of them flown by the guy who got The Blue Max on the same day?)

Only in the movie……. :biggrin:

From Gr Viper,

(Update: D8 flies nice... But for some reason sometimes it starts to wag its tail when I don't touch rudder.)

hmmm did not notes that, but Laton will look into it am sure. :yes:

From Gr Viper, (Available since 1917??)

No 1918, but with jelly’s file switcher you can even fly it in 1942……. :biggrin:

One question….. are the skins staying on wile you fly it?……. :biggrin:

Just kidding, I like to joke around, hope all is enjoying the plane and the skins,

One foot note, this plane holes dear to my hart for I got to help in the building

Of the one that is at Rhinebeck airdrome.

your friend in the FE sky

v. Deutschmark

The things you miss!

Capun just pointed out a few issues:

The ailerlon movement is reversed and the wheels rotate in the wrong direction. :blush2:

I'll release an update tonight otherwise insert or change the line

ReverseModelOrientation= (either TRUE or FALSE depending on what the existing value is - use the opposite)

in the following sections of the _data.ini file

[LeftAileron]

[RightAileron]

and

ReverseModelOrientation=TRUE into

[LeftMainGear]

[RightMainGear]

Cheers

Edited by Laton

Guest capun

Like they say S#$% Happens :)

It's so easy to make typos and mistakes in the ini files since there is no checker.

Brilliant effort, Laton and v. Deutschmark! Keep up the great work guys!

Gotta say this plane is REALLY nice; well done to all concerned! I was flying and at one point in a furball, I stalled and the plane actually departed controlled flight! I pulled it out of its flat spin barely 300 feet above the ground! I have NEVER had that happen to me in an aircraft in the Strike Fighters engine...very cool! :smile:

Edited by pcpilot

Big thank-you to the diligent developers for the great work! Further in such a way! :yes: